The simple answer is: yes, they are. Bollywood actors with moderate to high visibility are well off. The questions that most people wonder about is, how rich are these actors and who are the richest Bollywood actors?
While Bollywood has always been a saturation of glam and opulence, the amount actors stand to earn and are currently earning has evolved. The conversation around pay discrepancies between male and female actors is still ongoing, and rightfully so.
The amount the actors earn and the net worth they have accumulated over the years depends on many things like popularity, longevity in the industry, endorsements, investments, their own production houses and other business ventures.Let's take a look at the top 10 richest Bollywood actors: Top 10 places to visit in Gujarat:
- Shah Rukh Khan Now, the no. 1 in the list of richest Bollywood actors might not come as a surprise to most, and in fact, he has had this title for a while. As of 2021, his approximate net worth is 5131 Crore INR that is $690 million. Shah Rukh Khan's wealth, of course, is not something that was accumulated overnight. He has been working in the film industry as an actor for more than 30 years and has worked in over 100 films, and has had countless television appearances. In 2002 Khan also started his own production house called Red Chillies Entertainment, producing high grossing movies like Main Hoon Na, Paheli, Om Shanti Om, Ra.One etc.
- Amitabh Bachchan The Big B has been around for a while. Right after the Golden Age of Bollywood ended, when Indian cinema was looking for a new and evolved identity, Amitabh Bachchan was among the actors who rose into prominence and became a part of that identity. His current net worth is a well-earned amount of approximately 3322 Crore INR, about $455 Million. He has also been the recipient of Padma Shri in 1984, the Padma Bhushan in 2001 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2015 for his contribution to Indian Cinema and Indian Arts in general.
- Hritik Roshan This actor is probably heavily associated with childhood for the kids that grew up in the early 2000s; his movies like Koi Mil Gaya, Krrish, Dhoom 2 etc. were massive hits among the younger audience. His current net worth is approximately 2680 Crore INR which is about $370 Million. He has worked in over 37 movies and currently co-owns the fitness brand HRX. And with countless endorsements pouring in from all directions, it is no wonder that Hritik is one of the richest Bollywood actors.
- Salman Khan Salman Khan, or as lovingly called by his fans, ' Sallu Bhai', has had a polarising career, which is an extremely successful one. He has a net worth of 2304 crore INR, which is about $360 Million. Salman Khan started his own production company in 1999, called Salman Khan Films (SKF). The production house has produced some mega-hits like Chillar Party, Hero, Bharat, Dabang 3 etc. Khan is also well known for his charity, Being Human Foundation. The charity operates primarily through merch sales, from which a portion of the profit is donated.
- Akshay Kumar This actor has reinvented himself in the last decade. His movie choices have become more out of the box, innovative, and fun. Not only that, he has significantly evolved as an actor. His current net worth is 1870 crores INR, which is around $273 Million. He currently owns two production companies of his own: Hari Om Entertainment Co., which was founded in 2009 and Grazing Goat Pictures, which started in 2012. Apart from being one of the richest Bollywood actors, Akshay Kumar has also established himself as a philanthropist through his countless charity works.
- Aamir Khan This superstar has earned the title of Mr Perfectionist for being meticulous regarding all aspects of his career and filmmaking in general. His net worth is approximately 1420 crore INR which is around $180 Million. With a wildly successful and meaningful career, it is no wonder that Amir Khan appears to be one of the richest Bollywood actors. While there is no shortage of hit films in his oeuvre and countless endorsements are knocking at his door, Khan is widely praised for the movies his production house has been putting out over the years. Aamir Khan Production started in 1999, and since then has produced socially conscious and hit films like Lagaan, Taare Zameen Par, Dangal etc.
- Saif Ali Khan Saif Ali Khan hails from a family of Nawabs; wealth and prosperity undoubtedly run in the family. And with an estimated net worth of around 1120 crore INR, which is approximately $150 Million, Khan comfortably lands himself among the richest Bollywood actors. Regardless of his background, it cannot be denied that Khan is an excellent actor. Over the years, he has worked in hit films like Hum Saath Saath Hain, Race, Omkara, and he also appeared as the lead role in the critically acclaimed Netflix series Sacred Games.
- Kamal Hassan Kamal Hassan is a legendary veteran who is primarily associated with Tamil cinema; he made his debut as a child actor in the Tamil film Kalathur Kannamma. Hassan's approximate net worth is 700 crore INR which is around $100 million. He also started his production and distribution company called Raaj Kamal Films International. Besides, that he has also tried his hands in playback singing, dancing, lyric writing and recently has ventured into politics.
- Ranbir Kapoor Hailing from the Kapoor family, Ranbir Kapoor has the spirit of acting in his blood and family legacy. And that reflects in the career he has had so far; his current net worth is estimated to be around 322 Crore INR which is approximately $45 Million. Considering Ranbir is in a relatively early stage of his career, it can be said that it is yet to be seen how much more this actor has in store for his fans. He solidified his status as a Bollywood heartthrob with movies such as Wake Up Sid, Rockstar, and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, so it is no wonder that he has wormed his way into the list of the richest Bollywood actors.
- Ajay Devgn This actor has had a pretty consistently compelling career. Hailing from a family of filmmakers, Devgn never aspired to be an actor but thought he would follow his father's footsteps and get into directing. His current net worth is 298 Crore INR which is approximately $40 Million. With hit and critically acclaimed movies, like Zakhm, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Company, Deewangee, and The Legend of Bhagat Singh, Golmaal: Fun Unlimited, Golmaal Returns etc. It is no wonder that Devgn is one of the richest Bollywood actors. In 2000 he started his own production house Ajay Devgn Films, and in 2015 he started his own visual effects company NY VFXWAALA.