Dilip Joshi is an Indian actor who works in movies & television shows. He is popular for his character Jethalal in the show Taarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashma. The role has made Joshi a sensation among the public and bagged him several awards. Apart from TMKOC, Joshi has appeared in many TV shows & Movies and is praised often for his natural acting skills & expressions. Today, we will dive deep into Jethalal’s life and study the Dilip Joshi biography.
Dilip Joshi Wiki – Early Life
Dilip Joshi was born on May 26, 1968, in Porbandar's Gosa into a regular Gujarati household. He was born into a Hindu Brahmin family to Raman and Deepa Joshi. Dilip is married to Jaymala Joshi, and the pair has two children: Ritwik Joshi and Neeyati Joshi. He first had the opportunity to appear in an acting play when he was 12 years old, while still in school, and he was enticed to continue acting.
Dilip Joshi Biography – Education
Dilip Joshi belonged to a middle-class family and attended a local school near his home. Afterwards, he studied at Wilson College of Commerce and later earned a B.Com degree (Bachelor of Commerce) from KNM College of Commerce & Economics. Dilip Joshi was also involved with acting in college and represented his college in numerous competitions, which is why he was unable to devote full time to his studies and therefore when the results came back, he failed.
Note: When his father learned that Joshi failed in College, he said nothing to him, possibly because he had also learned that his son was interested in becoming an actor.
Dilip Joshi Success Story – Career Timeline
- Theater & Plays Dilip Joshi tried his hand in Acting as soon as his parents supported him. He began his struggle in Mumbai's Prithvi Studio, where he performed in a Gujarati drama.
- Debut with Salman Khan Dilip Joshi won the role of Maine Pyar Kiya, which was a big hit, but Dilip Joshi didn't get any credit for it because he played a servant and the role was so small that no one recognized him. Then he got his chance in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, with a little role in the big picture. In the song "Aaya Mausam Dosti Ka," he also made an appearance. Dilip Joshi has also appeared in 14 other movies, including Khiladi 420, One 2 ka 4, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani & more.
- Films, Television, & Struggle Dilip made the decision to leave Bollywood and pursue a career on television. In 1995, he was cast in the serial "Kabhi Yeh Kabhi Woh," in which his performance was praised, but the search for the name he desired continued. He was at the bottom of his career in 2006, and it was the lowest point of his career. For almost a year and a half, he was unable to find a job and was forced to remain at home. Joshi has appeared in 20+ TV shows, including Hum Sab Baraati, Kya Baat Hai, Agadam Bagdam Tigdam, and Agadam Bagdam Tigdam.
- Taarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashma: Breakthrough In 2008, director Asit Kumar Modi was preparing to work on a show called "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma," and offered his friend Dilip Joshi a role in it. Thus, began Dilip Joshi's adventure to becoming Jethalal. This serial became such a hit that it was the most viewed in a matter of months.
Dilip Joshi Biography – Awards & Achievements
|1. 2003||Best Comic Role Actor||2nd Indian Telly Awards|
|2. 2009||Best Comic Role Actor||9th Indian Telly Awards|
|3. 2010||Best Comic Actor||3rd Boroplus Gold Awards|
|4. 2010||Most Popular Actor in a Comic Role||10th Indian Telly Awards|
|5. 2011||Best Comic Actor||4th Boroplus Gold Awards|
|6. 2011||Most Entertaining Actor||BIG Star Entertainment Awards|
|7. 2011||Best Actor in Drama Series||Apsara Awards|
|8. 2012||Most Popular Actor in a Comic Role||11th Indian Telly Awards|
|9. 2012||Best Comic Actor||5th Boroplus Gold Awards|
|10. 2012||Best TV Actor – Comedy||People's Choice Awards India|
|11. 2012||Best Actor – Comedy||12th Indian Television Academy Awards|
|12. 2014||Best Actor In Comic Role||Zee Gold Awards|
|13. 2014||Best Actor – Comedy||12th Indian Television Academy Awards|
|14. 2016||Best Actor In Comic Role||Zee Gold Awards|
Dilip Joshi (Jethalal) Story – Amazing Facts
- Dilip Joshi follows a strict vegetarian diet.
- Joshi also won Bar INT (Indian National Theater) Award for Best Actor twice while in College days.
- Dilip Joshi was also awarded the Gujarat Government's Best Gujarati Film Actor Award for his Gujarati film "Hu Husi Husilal."
- Dilip Joshi was first offered the Role of Champak Chacha by the director Asit Kumar Modi but later finalized him for Jethalal.
- Joshi is a Hindu follower of the BAPS (Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha), a Swaminarayan Sampraday Hindu denomination.
Dilip Joshi – Our Own Favorite Jethalal
So, this was all about Dilip Joshi biography, a.k.a Jethalal. He has worked hard a lot before making it big in the TV industry and we should all learn from him. His journey from playing the role of ‘Ramu’ in Maine Pyar Kiya Movie to becoming one of the most loved characters is inspiring and one to learn from.
Die heart fan of DilipSir #Jethalal #TMKOC.
A successful life == Dilip Sir’s Life…..Whiskey on the rocks JethaBhai is the rocks…😍😍😍