Madhuri Dixit is a renowned Hindi film actress & has been in Bollywood for more than 30 years and is well-known for her acting skills. Dixit is also a trained classical dancer and is known as one of the best female dancers in the industry. Her beauty mesmerizes everyone and, she is also the recipient of various awards. She was one of the leading and highest-paid actresses in the industry for almost two decades.
Madhuri Dixit – Statistics
- Full Name - Madhuri Dixit
- Date of Birth - 15 May 1967 (54 years)
- Place of Birth - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Profession - Actress, Dancer, Producer, Television Personality
- Marital Status - Married
- Spouse – Shriram Madhav Nene
Madhuri Dixit - Early Life
Madhuri Dixit was born in a Marathi Kokanastha Brahim family to Shankar and Snehlaat Dixit. She loved dancing from a young age and studied Kathak for eight years. Dixit studied in Divine Child High School and went on to pursue microbiology from Sathaye College in Mumbai. However, she left her graduation after six months to pursue her career in acting.
Madhuri Dixit - Family and Personal Life
Madhuri married Shriram Madhav Nene (A Cardiovascular Surgeon) in 1999 in Southern California. The couple has two children, Arin and Ryan. She also founded a production company with her husband, RnM Moving pictures.
Madhuri Dixit - Film Career
- Debut - Madhuri made her debut in 1984 opposite Tapas Paul. The film didn't do that well at the box office but, her performance got applauded by the critics. However, her first few movies flopped and were not even critically approved. Her collaboration with Anil Kapoor was also a commercial failure.
- Breakthrough - Her breakthrough was from the movie Tezaab opposite Anil Kapoor. That movie was a success and, Madhuri got established as the leading actress of Bollywood. After that, she started receiving various good scripts, and her films, for example, Ram Lakhan, Pratigya, Tridev, Parinda, etc., were commercially super-hit films. After that, there was no looking back for her and, she continued receiving many good roles.
- Success - Madhuri became a well-known and established actress by 1990 and, films like Kishan Kanhaiya, Dil, Dharavi, etc., received applauds from both audiences and critics. Her next release, opposite Salman Khan in a family drama, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, was the biggest hit of her film career. Its theatrical run also held a record until the release of Gadar: Ek Prem Katha. She received various awards for her role in that movie and, the film also won two National Awards.
- Further Acclaim - After her marriage, Madhuri continued working in the films. She did some outstanding work in the movies like Pukar, Hum TumhareHaiSanam, Devdas, etc. Her role as a courtesan in Devdas received a lot of praise. Devdas was one of the biggest hits of the Hindi film industry and, it also got featured in various International Film Festivals.
- Comeback - Dixit took a long break post her first baby and then made her comeback with AajaNchle in 2007. She did various movies after that as DedhIshqiya, Gulaab Gang, Total Dhamaal, etc. Some of them performed well at the box office and, some didn't.
Madhuri Dixit - Television Career
Madhuri also has an active Television career and, she has worked for various reality shows. She has also been a judge in various dance shows and also hosted one cookery show. Some of her Television appearances are as follows:
- Paying Guest - A Rahshri Production Series
- Kahi Na Kahi Koi Hai - Sony Entertainment
- JhalakDiklaJaa - As a judge for four seasons
- Food Maha Challenge - As a host alongside Sanjeev Kapoor
- So You Think You Can Dance (India) - As a judge
- Dance Deewane - As a judge
Madhuri Dixit - Humanitarian Work
Dixit has always been active in all kinds of social work. Some of the humanitarian works done by her are:
- Promoting Children's Education
- Promoting Women Safety
- Donated INR 50,00,000 To The Victims Of The Gujarat Earthquake (2001) That She Won In A Game Show, Kaunbanegacrorepati
- She Is A Goodwill Ambassador Of 'Emeralds For Elephants'
- Worked With UNICEF To Prevent Child Labor And Trafficking
- She Launched Sanofi India's Campaign On World Diabetes Day.
Madhuri Dixit - Awards and Achievements
- Film Awards
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Dil, 1991
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Beta, 1993
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Hum AapkeHaiKaun, 1995
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Dil to PaagalHai, 1998
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress - Devdas, 2003
- Filmfare Special Award, 2011
- Other Awards
- International Film Festival of India Special Memento, 2011
- Forbes India's Top Movies Stars, 2001
- Giants International Award, 2011
- Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles, 2008
- Smita Patil Memorial Award, 1996
- Raj Kapoor Special Contribution Award, 2012
- Special Honors
- Padma Shri Award, 2008
- Young Achiever's Award at Indo-American society, 1997
- Most Inspirational Female Bollywood Icon - Bradford Inspirational Women Awards, 2013
- Contribution to the Entertainment Industry - Marrakech Film Festival, 2015
- Mirchi Queen of Hearts - The Royal Stag Mirchi Music Awards, 2014
- Contribution to the Entertainment Industry - CNBC-TV18 India Business Leader Awards, 2013
Madhuri Dixit - Brand Endorsements
Madhuri endorses more than five brands. Due to her popularity and fan base, many companies want to sign her as their brand ambassador. Some of the popular brands endorsed by her are as follows:
- Country Delight
Madhuri Dixit - Fans and Followings
Madhuri is pretty active on all of her social media accounts. She posts regularly and keeps herself updated with all the current happenings. She has more than 24 million followers on Instagram and almost 10 million followers on Twitter.
She also has a YouTube channel and has around 1 million subscribers on it. She posts various videos on her channel. Most of them are related to health-related videos, food videos, vacation videos, makeup videos, etc.
Madhuri Dixit - The Dancing Queen of Bollywood
Madhuri's life has been a great motivation for all of us. She lived her life on her terms and did whatever she felt like doing. She never worked under the pressure of any circumstance and, this is an inspiration for us. She has been in the industry for so long and, still, people love watching her on the big screen. Her killer beauty and mesmerizing smile are beyond any words.