The outbreak harmed India's internet tourist industry. Despite this, the foundations for long-term expansion remain solid. The pandemic is a significant issue as the industry consolidates, creating an acquisition opportunity for more giant corporations. EaseMyTrip, an Indian internet travel company, got founded by Nishant Pittie, Rikant Pittie, and Prashant Pittie in 2008. Hotel reservations, airline tickets, vacation packages, bus reservations, and white-label services are all available through the company.
EaseMyTrip - Key Highlights
- Startup Name – EaseMyTrip
- Founded - 2008
- Founders - Nishant Pittie, Rikant Pittie, and Prashant Pittie
- Industry - Travel
- CEO - Nishant Pittie
- Headquarters - New Delhi, India
- Products - Booking flights, hotels, holidays, buses, trains and cabs
- Area Served - Worldwide
- Website - www.easemytrip.com
EaseMyTrip - India's One Stop for Tourists
EaseMyTrip, also known as Easy Trip Planners, sells tickets, transportation, tour packages, and hotels. This travel firm has locations all over the world. The company offers a diverse range of transportation products and services to fulfil the needs of tourists going both inside the country and internationally. In addition, it provides users with a wealth of resources and information to assist them in planning, researching, booking, and purchasing travel services. Company’s website and mobile applications provide access to its products and services.
They use data and analytics to personalize the consumer experience on its websites and mobile apps based on previous searches and transactions, which they believe improves user engagement and increases the likelihood of a sale.
EaseMyTrip - Brand Name and Logo
- Brand name - EaseMyTrip makes travelling convenient and straightforward for its customers, as the name implies.
- Logo - Its logo is in simple blue colour that catches the attention of its customers.
EaseMyTrip Startup – Founders
- Nishant Pittie - Mr Nishant started the company to become a leader in the travel and tourism industry. He became a successful entrepreneur in the travel industry after receiving his bachelor's degree in business from Delhi University. He was the honorary secretary of the Travel Agents Federation of India from 2012 to 2014 (TAFI). In addition, Mr Nishant experimented in the film industry, co-producing the Bollywood movie "Madaari."
- Rikant Pittie - Mr Rikant Pittie, one of India's finest young entrepreneurs, co-founded Easy Trip Planners Pvt. Ltd. He has established himself in the internet travel sector as a seasoned investor with six years of expertise by bringing new insights to travel and tourism. He has a B.Tech. Degree from Kurukshetra University. While still in college, Rikant was the owner and operator of Duke Travel Agency.
- Prashant Pittie - Mr Prashant Pittie, an experienced industrialist with a diversified background, serves as Easy Trip Planners Pvt. Ltd.'s adviser. He is well-known for his marketing prowess and original ideas, and he has a great talent for a wide range of business endeavours. He graduated from IIT Madras with a B.Tech.
EaseMyTrip Startup – Partnerships & Collaborations
- They partnered with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) in 2018.
- In addition, EaseMyTrip teamed up with FoodForTravel in September of this year. Consumers were offered free ready-to-eat meals as part of the deal.
- They've collaborated with the multimillion-dollar epic movie Manikarnika.
- They were able to strengthen their relationships with a range of partners, including hotels, buses, and airlines.
EaseMyTrip Startup – Growth & Financial Numbers
- In this quarter, EaseMyTrip, a travel aggregator, saw a significant gain in income compared to the previous one, which got wracked by the second COVID-19 wave.
- EaseMyTrip has got subscribed to 159.33 times by the time it went public in March of 2021. It was one of the first travel companies to go public.
- From FY18 to FY21, EaseMyTrip increased at a rate of 47% per year.
- The expected growth is at least 70-80% from FY21 numbers.
- It has gradually evolved to become the third-largest online travel business in our country, selling over 20,000 plane tickets every day.
- EaseMyTrip's profitability has improved during the outbreak, thanks to new trends in internet travel driving growth.
EaseMyTrip - Competitors
The following are the top competitors in EaseMyTrip's competitive set:
- Ease My Visa
- WOW Air Fare
- Trafalgar Tours
- Rennies BCD Travel
- Thomas Cook India
EaseMyTrip - Challenges Faced
Some of the challenges faced by the company are as follows:
- Pandemic: The recent covid pandemic has hit every business very severely. The tourism industry was the most affected. People had to suffer from losses as the whole world was in lockdown.
- Competitors: Competitors are in every sector. EaseMyTrip also has several competitors in the market, and some of them are working well on so many levels.
- Low Revenue: The revenue of the company began to dwindle. They swiftly stopped giving such low prices. EaseMyTrip got compelled to hire new travel agents and lower their commission rates. They worked with several different offline travel agents to obtain a cash advance.
EaseMyTrip – Awards & Recognitions
- The Bizz Awards 2020 - World Business Leader
- SATTE is the best travel booking site (2020)
- Business World 2020 - Best Dealer Meet
- Times Travel Awards: Best Travel Booking App/Website (2019)
- The Times Travel Awards 2019 presented the Best Travel Booking App/Website Award.
- Ravishing Wedding Awards 2019's Best Travel Planner
- The 2019 International Achievement Awards
- Business Television India's Customer-Centric Business Award - Business Leader of the Year 2019
- 2018-19 Vistara Gold Partner
- Ravishing Wedding Awards 2018's Best Travel Planner
- 2017-18 World's Greatest Brands & Leaders
- Gorgeous Wedding Awards 2017's Best Travel Planner
- The 2017 Asia's Greatest Leader and Asia's Greatest Brand Awards are open for nominations.
- TnH Awards 2017 named TnH as the Most Outstanding Online Travel Company of 2016.
EaseMyTrip – Social Work & Philanthropy
Some of the philanthropy works of the company are as follows:
- Five hundred fifty oxygen concentrators got imported for use during the COVID 19 Oxygen Crisis in India.
- The company also established a comprehensive return policy that included full refunds, including flight costs deducted.
- In addition, employees of the company also gave a day's pay after the Kerala floods.
EaseMyTrip - Future Plans
Some of the plans of the company are as follows:
- The organization has already developed a presence in the UAE, Singapore, and the United Kingdom, so this is the next phase in our global expansion strategy.
- In addition, it plans to expand its flight ticketing company to three more countries (the Philippines, Thailand, and the United States).
- It anticipates an increase in worldwide travel and tourist demand in the coming months. To take advantage of EaseMyTrip's value-based products, the firm plans to establish a localized travel search engine in each of its global subsidiaries as part of its next phase of growth.
- Rather than branching out into other areas, the company focuses on existing hotel and holiday package businesses.
- Cross-selling to its current client base will be used to boost sales and profits.
- The firm intends to leverage our broad agent network to supplement its hotel and holiday activities, in addition to using it for holiday bookings.
EaseMyTrip – Revenue Model and Business Model
EaseMyTrip began operations in 2008 to cater to India's offline travel industry, focusing on the B2B2C (business to business to consumer) distribution channel. It allows travel agents to purchase domestic trip airline tickets through its website. In 2011, the company commenced operations in the B2C (business to customer) distribution channel, focusing on the expanding Indian middle-class population's travel needs, using its B2B2C channel.
Because of their position in the B2B2C and B2C channels, they launched operations in the B2E (business to enterprise) distribution channel in 2013 to provide end-to-end travel solutions to corporations. In addition, because they participate in three separate distribution channels, they have a diverse consumer base and an extensive distribution network.