With the changing and fast pace lifestyle, the eating habits of people have also changed. A lot of people prefer having meat at least 4-5 times a day which is directly affecting not only their body but also our planet earth. It is a never-ending topic how non-vegetarian food is slowly killing our planet and soon it will lead to deforestation, overgrazing of lands, soil erosion, etc. GoodDot is one such company that wants to draw people’s attention toward vegan products that taste likes meat but contains only plant-based products. This alternative is healthier, cheaper, tastier, ethical and better for your plant and body as well. Let us have a look at this environmentally sustainable brand.
GoodDot – Key Points
- Startup Name – GoodDot
- Founding Year – 2016
- Company Type – Private
- Founders – Abhishek Sinha, Deepak Parihar
- Headquarters – Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- Industry – Food & Beverages
- Number of Employees – 176
- Revenue - $4.5 mn
- Net Worth - $37.1 mn
- Website – gooddot.in
GoodDot – Founders & Team
- Abhishek Sinha – Co-founder & CEO
- Deepak Parihar – Co-fouhder & CFO
- Shruti Sonali – VP Innovation
- Taranum Bhatia – Director of Giving
- Abhinav Sinha – VP- Strategy
- Harish Joshi - Director / R&D Head
GoodDot – Brand Name, Logo, and Tagline
- Brand Name – The brand name of the company shows that they are good for the planet and people. The dot of goodness is with the company and they promise to serve the best. Also, all the people who decide to switch to vegan will have that dot of goodness.
- Logo – GoodDot has a simple but impactful logo. It is green in colour which signifies their vegan and plant-based products. It also shows that they are good for the planet earth and the company works on saving the planet rather than exploiting it.
- Tagline – The tagline of the company is ‘A little good add up’!
GoodDot – USP
GoodDot is doing a tremendous job in this field. Some of their main USPs are as follows:
- They are innovating to create delicious and mouth-watering plant-based food. It is better for people, our planet earth, and animals
- They are also providing compassionate alternatives to animal meat, without compromising on taste. It is good for all those meat-eating people who want to switch to a vegan lifestyle but couldn’t sacrifice their meat-eating habits.
- The company is always ahead in promoting a sustainable food system for the world.
- GoodDot wants to revolutionize the future of food with scalable products that are accessible and affordable to all.
GoodDot – Funding & Investors
Some of the funding 7 investors of GoodDot are as follows:
- $1.94 mn – Conventional Debt, RCM Business, Ali Asgar Khakerwala, Nov 22, 2016
- $49.2K – Conventional Debt, Unovis Asset Management, May 24, 2018
- $4.57 mn – Series A Round, Sixt Sense Ventures, Lashit Sanghvi, Jul 27, 2021
GoodDot – Marketing, Ad & Campaign
GoodDot signed the Olympic Gold-medalist Neeraj Chopra as their brand ambassador. This is a smart move to sign someone very famous amongst people of every age group. The ad shot with Neeraj Chopra is also innovative and it shows the importance of adopting veganism in a fun and quirky way. Every ad features their ‘Incredible Goat’ – GOODDO, who stops Neeraj from doing any unethical job. GoodDot’s marketing is clearly on point and impactful.
They also run several campaigns called – Do Good, to drive people's attention toward plant-based meat products.
GoodDot – Products
GoodDot offers various mouth-watering vegan products for its customers. Some of its best and highest selling products are as follows:
- Unmutton Keema
- Eggless Bhurji
- Vegetarian Bytz
- Vegicken Curry Kit
- Vegetarian Biryani
- GoodDot Noodles
- Proteiz Plus
- My Secret Curry Paste
GoodDot – Featured In
GoodDot got featured in various magazines and newspapers because of its extraordinary work in the vegan food sector. Some of the places where the company got featured are as follows:
- The Economist
- Your Story
- Parliament of the World’s Religion
- The Hindu
- The Economist
GoodDot – Competitors
GoodDot has already made its mark in the market within just a few years of incorporation. The company has left a strong message in society through its cool ads and campaigns. Byt GoodDot still has various competitors in the market who are performing well on various levels. Some of them are as follows:
- Beyond Meat
- Blue Tribe
- Imagine Meats
- Evo Foods
- Mister Veg
- Vegeta Gold
GoodDot – Challenges
Every startup has various challenges in its entrepreneurial journey. It is surely not easy to run a business and sustain it in the market for the long run. GoodDot being a new startup also had to face various challenges. Some of them are as follows:
- Changing people's minds – This has been one of the biggest challenges for the company to change the minds of people for good. It is tough to make all meat lovers believe in vegan alternatives. They are already particular about their taste and the only way to win their heart is by giving an exact or even better replica of meat.
- Pandemic – The current COVID-19 pandemic has hit several companies on various levels. It has always been difficult for companies to survive in such a difficult situation, especially when you are a newly incorporated startup. GoodDot had to see some difficult times during the pandemic time but the company successfully survived throughout the tough period.
- Competitors – Competition is something that is found in every field. However, GoodDot is performing well in the existing market, it still has a long way to go to overshadow its competitors. There are already over 10 plant-based companies present in the market and the divide in market share between them is brutal.
GoodDot – Future Plans
Some of the plans of the company are as follows:
- They want to bring more plant-based food options to people.
- The company wants to put all their focus on serving better to its customer and saving the planet earth from destruction.
- GoodDot aims to revolutionize society with its best tasting products at affordable rates.
- They are also planning to expand their business in the coming years and go global.
- They want to run more programmes and campaigns and make people aware of the ill effects of consuming more and more meat daily.