Kirana King markets their brand as - India Ki Nayi Dukaan, and they are also the fastest-growing grocery retail network in India. The company’s main focus is on digitization, centralization, and standardization, of the traditional Kirana system. They want to help all the local Kiran stores to make capable of competing with the supermarkets that deal with groceries. Kirana King holds a unique identity of revolutionizing mom & pop retailing in India by towering high in the grocery retail sector. So, let us get into this article to read the success story of this amazing brand.
Kirana King – Key Points
- Startup Name – Kirana King
- Founder – Anup K Kumar
- Founding Year - 2017
- Headquarters – Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- Founder – Anup K Kumar
- Website – www.kiranaking.com
Kirana King – Founders & Team
- Anup K Kumar – Anup is the founder & CEO of Kirana King. Kumar belongs to a middle-class family and his education in commerce background helped him gain experience in 1996. He is a passionate entrepreneur and an innovator who has found extraordinary ways to do business.
- Deepak Dusad – Deepak is the director of Finance & Accounts of Kirana King. Deepak also has a commerce background and he has a good eleven plus experience in sales, banking, underwriting, BBG & Agri finance, channel finance, etc. He holds a degree in CA, CS, Bachelor of Law, CAIIB, and PGDLL.
- Balwant Singh Rana – Balwant is the director of the supply chain. He holds a commerce degree from the University of Delhi and a PGDBA in finance. Rana takes care of every detail of his business and uses a very optimistic way to measure growth.
- Madan Kumar Gandam – He is the director of IT developments. Madan is a certified SAP consultant and an MBA in business administration & management. He has over 15 years of local & global experience in this field, with extensive knowledge of this work.
Kirana King – Brand Name, Logo, and Tagline
- Brand Name – The brand name of the company is precise and it is easy to remember as well. The name of the brand signifies their job and one could not think of a better brand name than this one.
- Logo – Kirana King's logo is in bright blue and green colour that would easily attract the attention of its customers. The blue colour of the brand signifies reliability and the green colour is associated with growth & prosperity.
- Tagline – The company’s tagline is something that resonates with their business idea. Its ‘Jai Jawan , Jai Kisan, Jai Dukaan.
Kirana King – Business Model
Kirana King runs its business model on ‘Click and Collect’. It enables the customers to order groceries in their comfort. They can also get it delivered or even collect it from any nearby Kirana King store.
Kirana King doesn’t work on the franchise model as they believe in making the store owners retain their ownership or spending upfront. They just manage the stores and earn profits out of that.
Kirana King – USP
Some of the USPs of the Kirana Store are as follows:
- They are strengthening the Kirana ecosystem that has already existed in the market for centuries.
- It is helping the grocery dealers by providing their retail outlets with solid visibility and also helping them to sustain and grow in the market.
- Kirana King is also working on the establishment of a well-knitted ecosystem for these people by including suppliers, consumers, and the Kirana stores.
- The company is also focusing on aligning the marketing and merchandising department with the research department on solidifying the company's vision continuously.
- The company’s key USP is that focus on belonging to their customer to lead a healthy and better life.
Kirana King – Awards and Achievements
Kirana King has won several awards in this field for their outstanding work and innovative ideas. Some of the awards won by Kirana King are as follows:
- India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders Award
- Millennium Award – Most Innovative Retail Company in India
- Radio City Icon Award – Excellence in Grocery Retail
- MYFM 94.3 – Entrepreneur & Excellence Awards, Rajasthan, 2018
Kirana King – Competitors
Kirana King is a newly incorporated business and the company already has many competitors in the market. Some of the main competitors of Kirana King are as follows:
- Zip. in
- Food runner
- Awfar Market
Kirana King – Challenges
Challenges are a part and parcel of our lives. We face challenges everywhere and similarly, Kiran King also had to face some challenges in their entrepreneurial journey. Some of the challenges faced by the company are as follows:
- Organizing the sector – The grocery retail sector is very unorganized. Initially, it was difficult for the company to understand the sector and find the answers behind this organization sector. But the company has successfully found all the answers to this difficult question.
- Infrastructure – The majority of stores in India have the same old infrastructure, with an unorganized inventory and shabby look. The consumer’s mindset is shifting towards an organized and hygienic infrastructure.
- Managing Operations – All Kirana stores need a lot of operational tasks. From managing the inventory, catering for the customers, cleaning the store, maintaining the account ledger, dealing with a sales representative, and many more. It often becomes difficult for a business owner to focus on their business while handling so many other tasks as well.
- Competitors – The company has just stepped into the market and it already has to face much competition in the market. Many companies are already performing well on several levels and it would be difficult for Kirana Store to overshadow its competitors.
- Inventory management – Today’s customers like to buy products from stores that have an updated inventory. Proper labelling of the expiry date, manufacturing, and good packaging is something that customers prefer. Therefore, this level of inventory management is difficult for any local Kirana store.
Kirana King – Future Plans
Some of the upcoming plans of Kirana King are as follows:
- They want to open 500 stores in India by the end of this financial year.
- They also want to go global and make their presence in other foreign countries as well.
- They want to help more local Kiran stores to organize and align their inventory.
- The company wants to help all the local Kirana stores to expand their online grocery business.
- Kirana store wants to transform over 500 local Kirana stores into a small supermarket.