With the increase in population, the need for jobs is also increasing day by day. However, a lot of people in our country are still unemployed or indulged in seasonal employment. People also face difficulty finding jobs for them due to the companies' unavailability of information and vacancies. Naukri.com is one such company that solves all these issues for the people. It helps them find the most appropriate jobs for them based on their qualifications. Naukri.com has millions of certified jobs registered on its portal, and people can see the best-suited jobs. Let's get to read the success story of this fantastic company in this article.
Naukri.com – Key Highlights
- Company Name – Naukri.com
- Founded – 1997
- Founder – Sanjeev Bikhchandani
- Type – Job Search Engine
- Headquarters – Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Products – Resume Database, Career Site Manager, Job Postings, Cloud Products, Branding Solutions, e-apps
- Parent Company – Info Edge
- Services – Online Employment
- Website – www.naukri.com
Naukri.com – Top Indian Job Portal
Naukri.com is the Indian Job Search Engine operating in Middle East countries also. It got founded in 1997 by the Indian entrepreneur and businessman Sanjeev Bikhchandani. It is one of the best employment websites that are available in India. Naukri.com has millions of registered jobs and jobs seekers.
It helps in finding people the most suitable jobs for them according to their qualifications. In addition, they also provide various paid services on the portal.
Naukri.com Startup – About the Founder Sanjeev Bikhchandani
The company got founded by Sanjeev Bikhchandani, who completed his Bachelors in Arts from the prestigious St. Stephen's College, Deli University and MBA from IIM Ahmedabad. Sanjeev is also the founder, and Vice Chairman of Naukri.com's parent company, Info Edge.
Bikhchandani is the recipient of India's fourth-highest civilian award, Padma Shri, and he is the 68th wealthiest man in India according to the Forbes India Magazine, with a net worth of $2.1 billion.
Naukri.com – Brand Name and Logo
- Brand Name – The Company’s name has strictly defined its job. They help find people the most suitable jobs for them and hence the name.
- Logo – Naukri.com's logo is in bright shades of blue color with a red dot. The logo is very catchy to all the users, and it can quickly draw your attention.
Naukri.com – Business Model
The company has a straightforward business model. Its website follows B2B (Business – to – Business) and B2C (Business – Consumer) models.
Naukri.com – Revenue
Naukri.com earns 90% of its revenue from the recruiters (B2B), and the rest 10% get made from the jobseekers services.
Its other sources of income are as follows:
- Subscription fees
Naukri.com – Growth & Financial Numbers
- It has a database of around 50 million registered job seekers on the portal.
- On average more than 15,000 resumes get posted daily on the website.
- Around 130,000 resumes get modified on Naukri.com daily.
- More than 51,000 corporate customers paid the company for various services like advertising, database access, listings, job postings, etc., on the site.
Naukri.com – Awards and Achievements
Naukri.com has won several awards for its outstanding performance in this field. Some of the awards and achievements won by it are as follows:
- Campaign of the Year – For Hari Sadu Commercial, By Advertising Club, Kolkata, 2006
- Red Herring Asia 100 – For INSTA HIRE Solution, 2006
- Best TVC India and South Asia – For Hari Sadu Name-Calling Commercial, By CASBAA TV Advertising Awards, 2007
- Best Classified Website – At 2nd Edition of India Digital Awards, By IAMAI, 2012
- Best Website of the Year – By Metrixlab, 2014 (In career and education segment)
- Gold Medal – At Prime Awards, 2018 (for the best user-centric campaign)
- ET Iconic Brands of the Year – By Economic Times, 2020
Naukri.com Job Portal – Top Competitors
Some of the competitors of the company are as follows:
Naukri.com – Challenges
Some of the challenges faced by Naukri.com are as follows:
- Name Issue: Naukri.com initial issue was that several competitors named their companies with the same name. However, WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) ordered to transfer of the domain to Info Edge India.
- Competitors: Naukri.com started as one of the sole operators in the market. There were no similar companies in India in 1997. But slowly, several competitors arose in the market, and some of them are giving tough competition to it.
Naukri.com Startup Story – Future Plans
Some of the upcoming plans of the company are as follows:
- They will make their website more accessible and easy to use for its users.
- Naukri.com is planning to make an even better environment for its employees in the future.
- It is also planning to double its revenue and customer base by the end of the 2024 financial year.