Zebpay is India’s first crypto trading platform that serves more than 5 million people. It is also one of the fastest-growing crypto exchanges that its presence in many countries such as Singapore, India, and Australia. Zebpay is rapidly expanding in various continents across the globe and it is attracting millions of crypto enthusiasts people. The company offers a very secure platform for its users to buy, sell, or trade cryptos without any fear. So let us get into this article to read the success story of this crypto trading company.
Zebpay - Key Points
- Company Name – Zebpay
- Founding Year – 2014
- Headquarters – Singapore
- Founders – Mahin Gupta, Sandeep Goenka, and Saurabh Agrawal
- Number of employees – 180 – 200
- Industry - Financial Services, Cryptocurrency, Fintech, Trading Platform
- Website – zebpay.com
Zebpay – Founders
- Mahin Gupta – Mahin is the co-founder of the company. He holds a B.Tech degree in Computer Engineering from Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University. Mahin started his career as a Sr. software engineer in Zeus Learning and is also the co-founder of Triston Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd., BuySellBitco.in, and Liminal.
- Sandeep Goenka – Sandeep is the co-founder of the company. He holds a B.Tech degree in Engineering from De Montfort University and an MBA degree from SP Jain Institute of Management. Sandeep is also the co-founder of Blynk Systems and Yapstones. He is currently serving as the CEO of Yapstones.
- Saurabh Agrawal – Saurabh is the co-founder of Zebpay. He holds a B.Tech degree from IIT Roorkee and an MBA degree from IIM Kolkata. He always had a love for numbers and this lead him to found this company.
Zebpay – Brand Name, Logo, and Tagline
- Brand Name – The brand name of the company is inspired by the name ‘Zebra’. The name is very unique and it completely distinguishes it from other companies that work in the same industry.
- Logo – Zebpay’s logo is very unique as compared to other cryptocurrency platforms. It shows a zebra’s head with blue and white in colour instead of black and white. The blue colour is ideal for the brand and it is the most preferred colour by the companies as well.
- Tagline – The company’s tagline is – Crypto Mein Pro
Zebpay – Business Model
The company’s business model has single-point access to trade all cryptocurrencies available in the markets. They also have a highly scalable trade machine engine, that is capable of processing millions of transactions. Every transaction on the Zebpay platform incurs a transaction fee.
Just like any other crypto platform, Zebpay makes money through some the ways like deposit fees, withdrawal fees, listing fees, trading commissions, etc.
Zebpay – Products
Some of the products offered by the company are as follows:
- Crypto Trading Platform
- Send/Receive Crypto Securely
- Connect with the Zebpay app
Zebpay – USPs
Some of the USPs of the company are as follows:
- Stringent Compliance & Regulations
- Zero Deposit Fees (Crypto & FIAT)
- Multi-Geo Authentication & Multi-Sig for Cold Wallets
- Refreshing New Look
- Proprietary Multi-Layered Security Protocols
- Advanced Trading Features
- Zero Withdrawal Fees (FIAT)
- Clean, Intuitive & Simple
- Trade Across 5 Crypto – Crypto & 6 EUR – Crypto pairs.
Zebpay – Growth
Zebpay has seen good growth since its incorporation. Some of the growth factors of the company are as follows:
- The company has served more than 5 million users since its incorporation.
- It is available in as many as 162 countries worldwide.
- Zebpay has completed the processing of more than $10 Billion in transactions.
- It is available on iOS, Android, and the web as well.
- The company has its presence in India, Singapore, and Australia.
Zebpay – Funding and Investors
The company has raised a funding of $1.1 M in total 2 rounds of funding. Zebpay raised his latest funding from the Series A round on Jan 6, 2016.
- $125 K – Seed Round, Sep 14, 2014
- $1 M – Series A Round, Arjun Handa, Jan 6, 2016
Zebpay – Competitors
Zebpay is one of the top players in the cryptocurrency industry. It still has many competitors in the market. Some of the top competitors of the company are as follows:
- Bitxoxo Bitcoins
Zebpay – Challenges Faced
- Price Drop – On May 19th, 2021, the price of Bitcoin fell dramatically to $31,000 in just a few hours. This bought an outrage amongst the investors and they started panicking. Due to this, Cryptocurrency platforms such as Zebpay, Coinbase, CoinDCX, etc. had to experience an hour-long outage. Investors were trying to sell their shares but they were unable to do it, as the servers crashed.
- Competitors – The company is thriving in its industry and it has a huge user base. It still has various strong competitors in the market and few of them are not easy to overshadow. These companies have millions of customers and they have good revenue as well.
- Doubts and Fears – Despite having various legislations and regulations around cryptocurrency, it is still considered a murky area in India. People have their doubts and fear regarding this aspect of investment and hence a lot of people still doesn’t see the long term potential of this asset. However, Zebpay is taking initiative in teaching people about cryptocurrency so that they can become familiar with this concept and enter into this ecosystem without having any fear.
- Unsuccessful Purchase – Due to this unfortunate incident, a lot of people started selling their shares but various investors wanted to buy them as well. But their purchase was unsuccessful because of the crashed server.
Zebpay – Future Plans
Zebpay has many plans for the upcoming future. Some of the exciting plans of the company are as follows:
- India already has millions of crypto investors and the number is constantly growing. Zebpay is planning to get more traders onboard by the end of FY 2023.
- The company will be using the funds to increase the customer base in India and other countries as well.
- They will be hiring more people in the coming FYs as the company is growing at a rapid rate.
- The company is also planning to expand its horizon outside cryptocurrency very soon.
- Zebpay is also focusing on increasing its revenue by the end of next FY.
- The company is planning to get around 50 million Indians into this cryptocurrency industry by the end of FY 2023.
- They are also planning for widespread adoption amongst Generation Z and millennials and many new crypto enthusiasts.
- The company will keep on spreading awareness amongst people about cryptocurrencies.
- Zebpay is aiming to strengthen its customer retention through various campaigns.
- They are looking forward to improving the existing array of products.