Kangana Ranaut, famously known as the Queen of Bollywood, is an Indian actress. This Pahadi girl who once aspired to become a doctor is now one of the biggest actresses of Bollywood. She has worked in 20 plus movies and has received many awards and accolades for her outstanding performances in the art field. Kangana is also well known for her outspokenness and her fearless nature. She is also known for her spectacular dressing sense and, she has been featured as many as six times in Forbes India’s 100 Celebrity List. She has also gained a lot of appreciation in the Cannes Film Festival and various International Level ceremonies.
Kangana Ranaut – Statistics
- Full Name – Kangana Ranaut
- Nickname - Queen of Bollywood
- Birth - 23 March 1987 (34 years)
- Born - Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India
- Occupation - Actress, Director, Script-writer
- Marital Status - Unmarried
Kangana Ranaut - Early Life
Kangana had a tough life at the beginning of her career. Her parents wanted her to become a doctor because of her excellence in the academic area. But this girl wanted to do something extraordinary. Instead of appearing for her All India Pre-Medical Test, she came to Delhi at sixteen. She lived in a small room with several other girls and performed some small modeling contracts here and there to continue her living.Shift to Acting
After some modeling contracts, she left that industry as she didn’t find it very productive. She enrolled herself in the Ashmita Theatre Group and did some good plays. Kangana later shifted to Mumbai to make a career in the film industry. But who knew it had a whole lot of challenges waiting for her in this dream city.
Kangana Ranaut - Family and Personal Life
Kangana calls herself a rebellious and stubborn child. She was born in a Rajput family in Himachal Pradesh. Her father, Amardeep Ranaut, is a businessman and her mother, Asha Ranaut, is a school teacher. She has one elder sister who works as her manager and a younger brother too. Kangana completed her education at DAV School, Chandigarh. She couldn’t finish her studies due to her inclination towards acting and shifted to Mumbai to fulfill her dreams.
Kangana Ranaut – Career
- Debut: Kangana debuted from Mahesh Bhatt’s film when she was just seventeen. She got offered the role of lead actress in the aromatic thriller movie Gangster. This movie got offered to Chitrangada Singh but, she couldn’t do that movie. Her role was of an alcoholic woman caught in a love triangle. The film was a success and got loved by both audience and critics. She also received a lot of applause for her performance and won several awards too.
- Fashion and Beyond: Kangana performed in several movies after Gangster and, most of them were hits. But her role as a supporting actress in Fashion opposite Priyanka Chopra was a breakthrough for her. She also won a National Award for her performance in that movie. Kangana did some outstanding work in films like Queen, Tanu Weds Manu, Tanu Weds Manu Returns, etc. She won National Award for the best actress for these movies too.
- Career Fluctuations: Kangana also had some bad performances in the mid of her hit movies. Some of her films like Double Dhamaal, No Problem, Rascals, Game, Miley Naa Miley Hum, etc. However, according to Kangana, she did these movies only for money. These movies were almost a flop on the box office and did even receive any critical appreciation.
- Established Actress: Kangana’s role in her previous movies proved her a versatile actress. Her latest role in Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi was a super hit on the box office and a critically acclaimed film. She received a National Award for this movie too, and became the recipient of four National Awards. Her upcoming project is Thalaivi, in which she will portray the biopic of late political leader Jayalalitha.
Kangana Ranaut - Awards and Achievements
Some of the awards won by Kangana are as follows:
- Padma Shri Award, 2020
- National Award, 2008 - Best Supporting Actress, Fashion
- National Award, 2014 - Best Actress, Queen
- National Award, 2015 - Best Actress, Tanu Weds Manu Returns
- National Award, 2020 - Best Actress, Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi and Panga
- Filmfare Award, 2006 - Best Female Debut, Gangster
- Filmfare Award, 2008 - Best Supporting Actress, Fashion
- Filmfare Award, 2014 - Best Actress, Queen
- Filmfare Award, 2015 - Best Actress Critics, Tanu Weds Manu Returns
Kangana Ranaut - Brand Endorsements
Kangana was a huge fan base and, this also makes her one of the most preferred actresses by the companies. A lot of companies want her to be their brand ambassador. Kangana endorses almost 20-22 brands right now. Some of the brands advertised by her are as follows:
- Boro Plus
- Titan Eye
- Bajaj Almond Drops
- Mebel Kart
- Ask me Grocery
Kangana Ranaut - Fans and Following
Due to her back-to-back power pact performances, Kangana has become a favorite of everyone. She is almost on all the social media accounts but, she doesn’t use any of them personally. Her team manages her accounts.
She has more than 7.6 million followers on Instagram. Most of her posts are related to her personal life, political views, and film promotions.
Kangana Ranaut – Small Town Brave Girl
Kangana’s life has been an inspiration for all those people who have big dreams. This small-town girl stood up for her dreams and did every possible thing to gain success. She is the epitome of fearlessness and dedication. Her love for cinema made her one of the biggest actresses of this generation.