Madhukar Balvantray Parekh is the eldest son of Indian entrepreneur and business Balvantray Kalyanji Parekh (founder of Pidilite Industries). He is the present chairman of the company and the 17th richest person in India as of 2021 (According to Forbes India Magazine). Let us delve into this article to read the success story of the extraordinary businessman who is the son of a successful entrepreneur.
Note - Parekh is one of the most famous CEOs of Indian companies, the manufacturer and trader of adhesives, construction chemicals, sealants, and hobby colors.
Madhukar Parekh – Key Highlights
- Full Name – Madhukar Balvantray Parekh
- Year of Birth – 1946 (75 years)
- Place of Birth – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Nationality - Indian
- Profession – Entrepreneur, Businessman
- Educational Qualifications – Bachelors of Science in Engineering and Master of Science
- Alma Mater – University of Mumbai and University of Wisconsin
- Designation – Chairman, Pidilite Industries
- Father – Balvantray Kalyanji Parekh
- Marital Status – Married
- Children – 2
- Net worth - $11.7 billion (as of 2021)
Madhukar Parekh – Early Life and Education
Madhukar was born in a Gujarati Baniya family in Mumbai, Maharastra, India, to Balvant Parekh and Kantaben. Madhu is the eldest child of his parents, and his father is the founder of Pidilite Industries. Madhukar was always a talented kid, and he completed his bachelor of engineering in Chemical Technology from the University of Mumbai (Department of Chemical Technology).
Madhukar Parekh – Personal Life
Parekh belongs to a well-known family where almost everyone is involved in the family business that his father set. Madhukar married in his 30s, and he has two children. His younger brother Ajay Parekh works as an executive director for his family business.
Parekh lives in Mumbai with his wife and two daughters.
Madhukar Parekh – Career Timeline
- Abbott Laboratories – Madhukar traveled to the US to complete to get a master's degree in 1969. He got a job in Abbott Laboratories after completing his master's and served a few years in that company. Parekh later decided to come back to India to work in his family business.
- Pidilite Industries – Madhukar joined Pidilite Industries (family business) in 1971 and served in various positions, and he is now the chairman and Executive Director of the company. Parekh made some significant decisions in the company's welfare during his tenure, and he is also known for his leadership qualities and intelligent behavior.
- Vinyl Chemicals India Ltd. – Madhukar also serves as the Executive Director of Vinyl Chemicals India Ltd.
- Excel Industries Ltd – Parekh serves as an independent non-executive director of Excel Industries Ltd.
Madhukar Parekh – Pidilite Indistries Ltd.
Pidilite is an Indian adhesives manufacturing company. It mainly manufactures adhesives, sealants, car products, art materials, stationery, specialty industrial products, food and fabric care, industrial and textile resins, construction chemicals, leather chemicals, and other industrial chemicals.
Pidilite's headquarters is in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, and it has a revenue of US $990 million. It also markets the Fevicol range of adhesives, and its other brands are Dr. Fixit, Cyclo, FeviKwik, Roff, M-seal, Manipal, Acron, Hobby Ideas, and WD-40.
Madhukar Parekh – Awards and Achievements
Here are a few of the recognitions and awards won by Madhukar Parekh for his outstanding contribution to this industry are as follows:
- Ranked 13 in Top 25 Business Leaders in India – By Business Today, 2012
- Chemtech Business Leader of the Year – 2013
- Entrepreneur of the Year (In Consumer Products) – By Ernst & Young, 2014
- 16th Richest Man in India – By Forbes India Magazine (Top 50 Richest Indian), 2019
Madhukar Parekh – The Son Who Walked on the Footsteps of His Father
Madhukar Parekh walked in the footsteps of his father and made his father proud of himself. His father was a renowned Indian businessman who founded the Pidilite Industries, and his son brought that company to an incredible height. Madhukar is a brilliant and hard-working man who served his company for over 40 years and made it one of the best in the industry. Parekh is a role model for all those who aspire to become a businessman like him in the coming future.