Sameer Gehlaut is a first-generation Indian billionaire businessman. He is the co-founder of an Indian conglomerate company, IndiaBulls Group, which provides financial and property-related services to its customers. Sameer is an engineer who started this online brokerage business in 1999 with two of his college friends. He is also the 29th richest man in India, according to Forbes India Magazine, 2019. Moreover, Sameer is one of the most successful entrepreneurs of India. So, let us dive into this article to read the success story of this self-made businessman.
Sameer Gehlaut - Key Highlights
- Full Name – Sameer Gehlaut
- Date of Birth – 3 March 1974 (age 47 years)
- Place of Birth – Rohtak, Haryana, India
- Nationality – Indian
- Education – Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
- Alma Mater – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Profession – Entrepreneur, Businessman, Philanthropy
- Designation – Founder and Chairman of IndiaBulls Group
- Net Worth – $2.1 billion (as of 2019)
- Marital Status – Married
- Spouse – Divya S Gehlaut
- Children - 2
Sameer Gehlaut - Early Life and Education
Sameer was born in a Jatt Haryanvi family in Rohtak, Haryana, India. He completed his education in Haryana and graduated with a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Delhi, in 1995.
Sameer married Divya S. Gehlaut, and the couple has two children. He lives in London with his family.
Sameer Gehlaut – Career Timeline
- Founded Indiabulls - Sameer founded Indiabulls Group with two co-founders in 1999 from an office. His company was the first-ever online brokerage service providing a platform in India.
- Indiabulls IPO – Gehlaut announced the IPO of his company in 2004. They also started providing services like consumer lending, vehicle loans, businesses, giving homes, etc. Indiabulls was also the first Indian company to allow customers to apply for consumer loans and mortgages online.
- Expansion – Indiabulls announced its development in real estate in 2005 with the purchase of land in Mumbai. In addition, the real estate arm finished the construction of the Club Residential Towers in Worli, South Mumbai, and Indiabulls Blu Estate in 2019.
Sameer Gehlaut - Other Works
Other significant works of Gehlaut are as follows:
- Sameer founded Clivedale – The real estate developer, Mayfair, Lonon, the UK in 2012
- He invested in OakNorth Bank – A UK Business Lending company, in 2015. He is also one of the earliest investors of the company, having a 40% stake.
- Gehlaut launched Dhani – Healthcare & Financial Services App in 2017. He later renamed it Dhani Services, and the company raised $160 million in funds from the investors.
Sameer Gehlaut - Indiabulls Group
Sameer's founding company, Indiabulls Group, is an Indian conglomerate whose primary businesses are consumer finance, housing finance, wealth management, etc. Its headquarters is in Gurgaon, Haryana, India, and they also have a presence in real estate, LED lighting, pharmaceuticals, and construction equipment rentals.
Note - The company got listed in BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) and NSE (National Stock Exchange).
Sameer Gehlaut - Philanthropy
Sameer is also an active philanthropist, and he founded Indiabulls Foundation to help the needy ones in our society. Some of the noticeable work done by the foundation are as follows:
- They distributed 25 lakh COVID Health Kits by joining hands with Dhani Healthcare.
- They focus on various areas such as Education, Health, Development, Sanitation, Skill Development, Sports and Sustainable Livelihoods, Women & Youth Empowerment, Renewable Energy, Rural Development, Disaster Relief, Nutrition, etc.
- The foundation works for the overall upliftment of the rural and urban poor.
Sameer Gehlaut - Unknown Facts
Some of the lesser-known facts about Sameer Gehlaut are as follows:
- Sameer's company is India's 2nd largest mortgage lender.
- He started this online brokerage company with college mates in 1999.
- Sameer made his public-private in 2004. Then, he moved to real estate, scooping up precious land in Mumbai.
- He is also building a hotel in London's Mayfair area, Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
Sameer Gehlaut - The IITian Businessman
Sameer is a brilliant IITian who used his skills to build a million-dollar company. Gehlaut is an inspiration for every Indian who dreams of becoming a successful entrepreneur in the future. He is the first-generation businessman of this family who builds an empire without having any back support. Gehlaut is ideal for all of us.