Manushi Chhillar rose to fame after crowning the coveted Miss World title in 2017. Manushi, an Indian woman, reclaimed the throne after a 17-year gap in the country. Unlike many others, Manushi is focused on social problems and women empowerment rather than going to the movies or modeling jobs. This girl’s finest quality, which distinguishes her from other beauty pageant winners, is her desire to repay society for the love and respect she has earned by performing meaningful humanitarian work.
Today, we will study the life of this Diva queen and how she made her journey to Miss World.
Manushi Chhillar – Miss World 2017
Manushi Chhillar is an Indian actress, model and aspiring gynecologist and heart surgeon, who comes from a family of physicians and scientists, was named Miss World in 2017. While representing the state of Haryana, she won the Femina Miss India 2017 competition & became the sixth woman from India to be crowned Miss World.
Manushi Chhillar – Early Life
Manushi was born into a Haryanvi family on May 14, 1997, in Bamnoli village, Jhajjar district. Mitra Basu Chhillar, Chhillar’s Father, is a scientist in DRDO and Her Mother, Neelam Chhillar, is an Associate Professor of Neurochemistry. Manushi, a brilliant poet, painter, and Kuchipudi dancer, aspires to be a cardiac surgeon and improve women’s menstrual hygiene.
Manushi Chhillar - Education
Chhillar always excelled in her studies, & in class 12, she was the all-India CBSE English subject topper. She studied in Miranda House for a year before passing NEET on her first attempt. She was a student at Sonipat’s Bhagat Phool Singh Medical College, where she was studying medicine (MBBS).
Chhillar’s parents encouraged her to try her luck at the Chandigarh auditions.
Manushi Chhillar’s Journey – Miss Campus to Miss World
- Miss Campus 2016 In December 2016, Chhillar competed in Fashion Big Bazaar’s Campus Princess 2016 and became one of the finalists from the AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences). The Miss India Organization was in charge of the event & she then went on to win the Femina Miss India Haryana title in April 2017. Chhillar competed in the annual Femina Miss India pageant as a representative of Haryana and was named Miss Photogenic during the competition.
- Manushi Chhillar – Winning Miss India 2017 On June 25, 2017, she went on to win the main title of Femina Miss India World 2017 at the finale event held at Yash Raj Film Studio. As a result, she was selected to represent India at Miss World 2017.
Winning Question at Miss India
As a top 15 semifinalist, Chhillar was asked by Karan Johar:
- Question: “In India, the government is contemplating outlawing surrogacy. What are your thoughts on this?”
- Answer: “Everyone in the world, in my opinion, should have the right to be a parent. Instead of outlawing surrogacy in India, the government should concentrate on preventing its abuse.”
- Miss World 2017 Chhillar was a runner up in the People’s Choice, Top Model, and Multimedia competitions at Miss World 2017, as well as the winner of the Head-to-Head Challenge from Group Nine and a co-winner of the Beauty with a Purpose category. She is the first woman to win both Miss World and Beauty with a Purpose at the same time.
Winning Question at Miss World
- Question: Which occupation should have the highest pay in the world?
- Answer: “Since I am very close to my mother, I think that a mother deserves the highest respect. When you talk about salary, I don’t think it’s just about cash, but the love and respect you give to someone. So, I believe the profession which deserves the highest salary, respect and love should be of a mother.” – Manushi Chhillar
Question Answer Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manushi_Chhillar
Manushi Chhillar - Awards and Media RecognitionAwards
|2017||CNN-IBN Indian of the Year||Special Achievement|
|2019||Elle Beauty Awards||Flawless Beauty|
|2019||Lokmat Most Stylish Awards||Fresh Face|
|2017||Most Desirable Woman of India||The Times of India|
|2019||India’s Hottest Vegetarian||PETA|
Manushi Chhillar – Bollywood Film Prithviraj
Prithviraj, a Yash Raj Films production directed by Chandraprakash Dwivedi, would be Chhillar’s Bollywood debut. The film is based upon the life of Prithviraj Chauhan, a Rajput ruler from the Chahamana dynasty. The film is inspired by Prithviraj Raso, an epic poem written in Braj Bhasha. She would be playing the role of Princess of Kannauj, Sanyogita, Prithviraj’s devoted wife, and was selected after numerous auditions and trials. She will co-star with Akshay Kumar, who will play Prithviraj, the titular character.
Manushi Chhillar Social Work & NGOs – Project Shakti
Manushi chose to take up the subject through her Project Shakti campaign. She has emphasized the need of educating the rural population about the women menstruation issue and has been a vocal champion for the usage of sanitary napkins by women.
Chhillar partnered with UNICEF to help raise awareness about the Corona virus epidemic. Chhillar partnered with the United Nations Women in 2021 to raise awareness about gender-based violence.
Facts about Manushi Chhillar
- Chhillar loves & enjoys scuba diving, horse riding, and paragliding.
- Manushi topped the India CBSE board 12th class exams in English subject.
- She is the sixth woman to win Miss World from India.
- She scored 96% in class 12th.
Manushi Chhillar – Indian Queen of All Trades
This multi-talented beauty queen is also a skilled Kuchipudi dancer and ‘National School of Drama alumni. It’s anyone’s guess what the wonderful Manushi will do after her tenure as Miss World; given her numerous talents and the intelligence to make all of her goals come true. The world is her oyster, and everyone is anxious to see where life leads this wonderful lady next, from Bollywood to fashion to charitable work to gynecology.