Delhi is not only known for being the capital of India but also for the tourist places you can visit there. You have always got something to do when you are in Delhi. You will always feel unsatisfied with the amount of time you get to spend there.
From the happenings of Dilli Haat to the famous, cheap Sarojini market, there are an endless number of things you can explore here. Apart from a glamorous environment, Delhi has got a historical touch as well, which is well fulfilled by Red Fort, Rashtrapati Bhavan, and monuments.
There are many destinations near Delhi that are not far away and can be reached in a day or less. From Rishikesh to Manali, many beautiful and exotic places can astonish you with charm and beauty. You get access to not only adventurous places but also some religious and spiritual landmarks as well.One Day Trip Places to Visit near Delhi
People who love one-day trips or do not have much time in their schedule can choose destinations from Delhi like:
Some places are just 300 km away and can be reached within a day from Delhi like:
If you are looking for destinations to go on a trip with your family and relatives you should probably visit:
- Jim Corbett park
Spending time with friends is equal to spending time with your family. A trip with your close friends is something you want to be memorable. So you need to choose a place wisely before going out and hanging out with your friends:
Hill stations during the winter season are covered with white snow and are a pleasant sight to the eyes. Not only in winter seasons, but many hill stations are also at their best throughout the year. You should for sure plan to visit hill station that is near Delhi like:
During the rainy seasons, many places have got this beautiful scenery. The environment of the place is naturally enhanced when the water drops from heaven and brings charm to the place. These places are so beautiful and wonderful that you will never want to go back. These places are:
- Valley of flowers
During the winter season many beautiful places can be visited and are not that interesting during the summer seasons like:
Overall, the best places to visit near Delhi are Valley of Flowers, Manesar, Fatehpur Sikri, Mathura, Haridwar, Agra, Rishikesh, Dehradun, Jaipur, and Mussoorie.
- Manesar - 58 km Although Manesar is a small industrial area near Gurgaon, you can enjoy the sights of many places in Manesar. Damdama Lake is the most popular destination in Manesar that attracts a lot of people and is an ideal place for picnics and family get-outs. Some other places to visit in Manesar are Mata Sheetala Devi temple, Sultanpur bird sanctuary, etc
- Fatehpur Sikri - 180 km Situated 180 km away from Delhi, Fatehpur Sikri is a great choice for people who love Mughlai art. The city is filled with buildings made of red stones covered with Mughlai art. The place is a blessing for people who love historic trips. The best places to visit in Fatehpur Sikri are Buland Darwaza, the tomb of Salim Chishti, Jama Mosque, and Panch mahal.
- Mathura - 183 km Brijbhoomi, or famously called Mathura, is situated on the banks of River Yamuna. Mathura is known to be the birthplace of Lord Krishna. It is a major tourist attraction due to its Krishna Temples. It is a huge pilgrimage of mythological significance. The most beautiful places to visit in Mathura are Krishna Janam Bhoomi mandir, Kusum Sarovar, and Jama masjid.
- Haridwar - 213 km Haridwar, the land of gods is a beautiful place in Uttarakhand, is located 213 km away from Delhi. It is such a beautiful place where on one hand you will see nature at its best and on the other hand, you will hear the bells and bhakts singing famous bhajans.
- Agra - 233 km Situated in Uttar Pradesh, Agra is another historical place situated 233 km away from Delhi. Agra is a loved tourist destination because of the Taj Mahal which is among the “Seven Wonders of the World”. You should for sure visit the Taj Mahal if you go to Agra. Apart from this, you can visit Mehtab bagh and Agra fort too.
- Rishikesh - 251 km Rishikesh is a must-visit place in Uttarakhand. Rishikesh is the most spiritual place you will ever visit. Rafting, bungee jumping, and many other adventurous sports are available here for you to have an experience of a lifetime. Apart from adventurous sports, you can also visit the grand arti. The most visited places in Rishikesh are Laxman Jhula and Triveni ghat.
- Dehradun - 266 km Dehradun is a mesmerizing place in Uttarakhand that is approximately 266 km away from Delhi. Dehradun can be reached by train, bus, or air. The place has some visiting places that are very charming and the most famous places are in Dehradun at Sahastradhara, tiger falls, and robber’s caves.
- Jaipur - 281 km Jaipur is a beautiful city situated in Rajasthan 281 km away from Delhi. The place is extremely traditional and beautiful. The pink city is well embellished with various forts, temples, and scenic places, thus, you can watch the sunrise from the Nahargarh fort and enjoy the reflection of the sun setting on the water of Jal mahal.
- Mussoorie - 299 km Mussoorie is a very famous family destination situated 299 km away from Delhi. The hill station is filled with picturesque backdrops and sceneries. There are many shops you can buy yourself many traditional things from. Activities like paragliding and trekking are also available here. It is the best place for romantic holidays.
- Valley of flowers - 399 km When we think of a flower all we think about is the beauty and charm it brings. Now imagine a valley filled with thousands of such flowers, as beautiful as you can imagine. Flowers and rains are best friends and the view is amazingly mesmerizing. This place is so magical that you can get lost in the meadows and never want to come back, especially with the rain pouring.
So, this was the complete guide on the best places to visit near Delhi. Although, the capital is a perfect place to roam around and enjoy your weekends, if you live there you will surely get bored of visiting the same places again and again. Being a busy place the place is filled with rush and stress. To get yourself out of that rush and hectic daily life you need to pack your bags and get out of there as soon as possible.
We all deserve a break from our lives and go to someplace very peaceful that can calm your soul down. At these places, you can enjoy the adrenaline rush through your body while going for adventurous sports like trekking, Rafting, Camping. All these places are a unique choice for every adventure lover and it can be a very confusing task to choose where to go first because you will love them all.