ASG Eye Hospital is India’s leading hospital chain that aims to provide the best eye treatment and care to every patient. The hospital has 100s of specialists who will provide you with a broad range of Ophthalmology services from the management of complex and serious eye disorders to various vision screenings. The hospital is one of the leading Eye Hospitals in India, having more than 40 hospitals across 30 plus cities. ASG has over 16 years of excellence in the healthcare and medical industry and they are spread across 3 countries. So, let us get into this article to read the success story of this leading hospital chain.
ASG Eye Hospital – Key Points
- Company Name – ASG Eye Hospital
- Founding Year – 2005
- Founders – Dr Arun Singhvi, Dr Shilpi Gang
- Headquarters – Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- Industry – Healthcare, Medical, Hospital
- Status - Private
- No. of employees – 1000
- Website – www.asgeyehospital.com
ASG Eye Hospital – Founders
- Dr Arun Singhvi – Dr Arun is the co-founder, MD, and Chairman of ASG Hospital. He is the leading Ophthalmic Surgeon specializing in Cornea, Cataract, and refractive procedures. He holds a degree in MBBS from Jodhpur Medical College and post-graduation from AIIMS Delhi.
- Dr Shilpi Gang – Dr Shilpi is the co-founder and CEO of ASG Hospital. Shilpi holds a gold medal in MBBS and completed her MD in Ophthalmology from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. The gang is also a super-specialist in Glaucoma and Cornea Cataract from AIIMS, New Delhi. She also did Fellowship in Ophthalmology from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Glasgow, UK.
ASG Eye Hospital – Brand Name, Logo, and Tagline
- Brand Name – The Company’s brand name has been kept on the initials of its founder's name.
- Logo – The Company’s logo is simple, beautiful, and attention-grabbing. Instead of using the conventional ‘eye’ for an Eye Hospital, they have done something different.
- Tagline – The tagline of the company is ‘Meet the Experts’.
ASG Eye Hospital – Business Model
The company follows the B2C model (Business to Customer). They directly provided their services to the patients and charge the amount from them.
ASG Eye Hospital – Speciality
ASG Eye Hospital offers various kinds of specialized treatments to its patients. Some of the treatments provided by the hospital are as follows:
- Cornea Transplant
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Detachment
- Squint (Strabismus)
- Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)
ASG Eye Hospital – USP
Some of the USPs of the hospital are as follows:
- They help in restoring vision with an accurate and quick vision correct laser technique.
- They are the leaders in Robotic Surgery and provide blade-free surgical procedures that come with the benefit of rapid recovery.
- The hospital provides comprehensive eye care to everyone using state-of-the-art equipment.
ASG Eye Hospital – Funding and Investors
ASG Eye Hospital has risen successful funding of $64.1 Million since its incorporation. Some of its funding and investors are as follows:
- $9.1 M – Venture Round, Jan 18, 2013
- $11.7 M – Venture Round, IDFC Private Equity, Sep 5, 2017
- Rs. 3.1 B – Venture Round, Foundation Holdings, Sep 18, 2019
ASG Eye Hospital – Growth
- The hospital has successfully treated more than fifty-five lakhs of patients to date.
- They are the pioneers of the latest technology for the implantation of multifocal IOLs and Phacoemulsification.
- They have opened 44 centers all over India, across 38 cities.
- They are operating in 3 countries.
- The hospital has over 180 plus eye specialists from different subspecialists of Ophthalmology.
- The ASG’s team has now more than 60 trained doctors from AIIMS, New Delhi.
ASG Eye Hospital – Centers
ASG Eye Hospital has over 40 hospitals present all over India. They provide their services in more than 10 states and provide comprehensive diagnostic, medical and surgical eye care services through the latest technology. Some of their centers are as follows:
- Kathmandu (Nepal)
ASG Eye Hospital – Awards and Achievements
The hospital chain has won several awards for its outstanding work in the field of healthcare. Some of the prestigious awards won by them are as follows:
- Young Entrepreneur ward – By Times of India, 2013
- All India Achievers Award – 2009
- Rajiv Gandhi Gold Medal Award – For Medicine & Management
ASG Eye Hospital – Competitors
ASG Eye Hospital is one of the most preferred eye hospitals by people all over India and it has many centers as well. But the hospital has many competitors as well who are providing very good services to their patients. Some of the top competitors of ASG Eye Hospital are as follows:
- Centre for Sight
- Moorfields Eye Hospital
- Manipal Hospital
- Fortis Healthcare
- Dada Laser Eye Institute
- Aravind Eye Care System
- Sharp Sight
- Grecian Super Speciality Hospital
- Strut Eye Foundation & Research Centre
- Smt. Lilavati Mohanlal Shah Eye Hospital
ASG Eye Hospital – Challenges
Every company in the medical and health industry has to go through various challenges. Even a minor fault is 100% non-excusable in this industry. Some of the challenges faced by ASG Eye Hospital are as follows:
- Competitors – ASG Eye Hospital has various competitors in the market and most of the times patients prefer going to their closest hospital. However, ASG has various centres all over India. Many times it becomes difficult to attract patients who stay far away from your nearest centre.
- Patient Experience – Giving a 100% satisfied patient experience is something that sounds vague. They have heightened their expectations and expect everything to be hassle-free. So keeping up with all these things is not easy everytime, and hospitals have to go through various challenges to run everything smoothly.
- Pandemic – The ongoing COVID pandemic has been the biggest challenge for hospitals. It was necessary and required to keep all their doctors, staff, nurses, patients, etc. away from this virus. Any ignorance could lead to a major disaster because this virus was highly communicable.
ASG Eye Hospital – Future Plans
Some of the upcoming plans of the hospital are as follows:
- They want to treat over 5 lakhs patients in this FY 2022.
- ASG is planning to open more hospitals in other cities and towns in India.
- They also want to open eye hospitals in remote areas.
- They want to increase their CSR work and do more for society.
- The hospital chain is planning to expand its services in more countries.