Nowadays, it has become arduous for everyone to find the best suitable places with the growing population. People spend several days and weeks finding the ideal home for themselves and their families. Housing.com is one such company that solves all these problems for you. They help in finding the best real estate properties on their portal based on several factors. Housing.com gives the utmost benefits to its users by providing the best location and housing for their customers. Housing.com's app is available for both Android and iOS users. Let's get to read the success story of this great startup in this article.
Housing.com – Key Highlights
- Company Name – Housing.com
- Founded – 2012
- Founder – Rahul Yadav
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Area Served – India
- Business Type – E-commerce, Classified, Real Estate
- CEO – Dhruv Agarwal
- Sector – Real Estate
- Website – www.housing.com
- Languages Available – English
Housing.com – Top House Search Portal
Housing.com is a Mumbai based property search website that allows its users to find the most preferred real estate for themselves. Before finding a house, they look for various factors such as geography, location, number of rooms, area, and many other things.
Housing.com is one of the best real estate companies in India that serves in more than 40 cities. They operate in metro cities like Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bangalore, with over 6,000 brokers.
Housing.com Founder – Rahul Yadav
Hosuikng.com got founded by Rahul Yadav in 2012. Yadav is an alumnus of IIT Bombay and completed his bachelor's in Metallurgy. Rahul dropped from his college in his final year and founded this company with eleven other colleagues.
Housing.com – Funding and Investors
The company has raised four funding rounds since its incorporation in 2012.
- $2.5 million – Series A round, By Nexus Venture Partners, 2013 (Used to expand its business in four cities and create its Data Science Lab).
- $19 Million – Venture Funding Round, By Helion Venture Partners, 2014
Fun Fact : Housing.com was named as one of the hottest tech startups in 2012.
Housing.com – Brand Name, Logo, Tagline
- Brand Name – The Company’s brand name is what it does. It provides housing to the people; hence the name is straightforward and catchy.
- Logo – Housing.com's logo is in bright yellow. It can attract all the customers.
- Tagline – The Company’s slogan is 'Look Up'.
Housing.com Startup – Business Model
Housing.com lists all the properties uploaded by the users, owners, brokers, etc., on an interactive map on its portal. They filter all the search results based on the availability of rooms, child-friendliness index, lifestyle ratings, area, location, pricing, etc. They match the customers with their preferred locations and housing and provide the best-suited properties to them.
Fun Fact : Housing.com has mapped more than 650,000 houses in several cities in India.
Housing.com Top USP – Data Science Lab
Housing.com used its funds to build a Data Science Lab (DSL). It helped in generating several 'Heat Map' demand flux maps and algorithms based on these filters. For example, the CFI (Child Friendliness Index) heat map shows the child-friendliness of any particular area and measures the locality on three different criteria. The criteria are number of hospitals, number of schools, number of parks, and proximity to the area. The algorithms also show the price fluctuations in real estate across the city.
Fun Fact : According to Forbes India Magazine, Housing.com sold $8 million worth of properties in its first week of launch.
Housing.com Startup – Acquisitions
Some of the acquisitions of Housing.com are as follows:
- Indian Real Estate Forum (IREF) – For $1.2 million (A real estate discussion forum)
- Reality BI – For $2 million (A risk assessment firm for realty projects)
- HomeBuy360 – For $2 million (A cloud-based sales lifecycle management platform)
Housing.com – Challenges
Some of the challenges faced by the company are as follows:
- Competitors : Housing.com is one of the best players in the market. But it also has many competitors in the market. Some of them are performing well and have a good customer base. So Housing.com main challenge is to overpower those companies.
- COVID Pandemic : Any pandemic hit badly to several sectors. Housing.com is a real estate company, and it also got affected due to the previous coronavirus pandemic. Most of the people moved back to their home towns due to the work from home thing.
Housing.com – Future Plans
Some of the upcoming plans of the company are as follows:
- They are planning to build a good customer base and attract more users.
- Housing.com also aspires to better its app so that customers can take full benefit of it.
- They are planning to double their revenue by the end of the 2023 financial year.
- Housing.com will expand its business in other tier-2 and tier-3 cities.