We all must have heard of the term “lead”. In layman terms, a lead is a person who desires to buy a company’s product or service. In today’s world of Digital Marketing, leads hold paramount importance for any online business, whether small or big.
Sales Lead generation plays a pivotal role in the world of online marketing. Leads are a prerequisite for the success of a sales team. Thanks to advanced technology, now it is a matter of seconds to generate leads through the internet and social media. But, converting those leads into sales of a company involves building a relationship with the lead and enticing the person to buy the product or service finally.
“What a great salesperson does is bringing emotion to the table.” - Seth Godin
Importance of Sales Lead Generation
- The lead generation process is one of the pocket-friendly processes of online marketing. Also, current technology trends show that sales lead generation is the most relevant means of marketing.
- Leads offer the opportunity to target a specific niche of customers in a particular geographical area where the chances are high to convert them into sales.
- The process of sales leads generation creates a win-win situation for a buyer and a seller as a buyer becomes acquainted with an interesting product or service. In contrast, the seller quickly gets the attention and interest of a potential customer.
- It lends a helping hand in collecting information about potential customers regarding their needs, preferences, contact number. Then, it becomes easy to attract the lead and convert it into sales.
- Sales Lead generation is an effective way to enhance sales quickly. So, companies spend a major chunk of their marketing budget on getting leads which in return gives a healthy return on investment.
Ways to Convert Leads into Sales:
- Company Website: To convert Sales leads, they must get complete information about the company and the product they are interested in. Thanks to the exponential growth of content, customers scout for the best possible offer on a product.
The website must include precise information about the product or service and all the perks associated with it. Images and testimonials as regards your service increase the chances of sales conversion.
- Offer Incentive: Sales leads can be monetized by making the interested customer more interested. So, to make their attention worth it, the company should provide something free or giveaways to make the leads feel good.
To exemplify, giving a free e-book or a discount on the product escalates customer engagement. Moreover, it helps the lead to remember your business for a long period.
- Use Creativity: Nowadays, people get more involved in the product or service if the information regarding it is presented in charts, images, pivot tables etc. These visuals can educate the customers about incentives, pros, and utmost needs of the product or service.
These graphical presentations and infographics come in immensely handy for the customer to decide with ease.
- Call to action: Using call to action in your marketing campaigns fosters potential sales leads to decide at the earliest. Not bothering about CTA can cost a business many potential leads because the goal is to lessen the confusion of buyers.
A compelling CTA enables the leads to determine the next step they need to take in the process. But, call-to-action verbs have to be interesting enough to allure the customer. Some of the enthralling CTAs are First come, First served, Contact us today etc.
- CRM Tools: Customer relationship management tools have proven to be efficacious in converting sales leads into clients. Companies use calls, text and e-mails to contact the leads, which sometimes become cumbersome.
That’s where CRM software comes into the picture. CRM software automates the whole process and makes it effortless to reach potential clients. It helps sales teams to schedule their contact with their clients, which leads to more deals and more monetary conversions.
- Follow-Up: The procedure of sales lead generation is a lengthy one. On average, it takes more than two contacts to convert potential leads to sales. So follow-up after initial contact is of utmost necessity to make the prospects feel important.
Sending e-mails consistently to the leads makes them consider responding to your offer or product. Even calling your leads with an excellent pitch to endorse your product must be incessant after gathering their interest initially.
- Use E-mail Marketing: E-Mail is the most preferred means of communication for companies with potential clients. E-Mail Marketing has proven to contribute the lion’s share of sales leads conversions. The data says for every 1 dollar spent, you get an exorbitant ROI with E-Mail.
It also enables them to gain more attention from leads as it gives them a personalized conversion. Apart from this, Catchy titles ensure positive communication. One interesting advantage it provides is that the pre-screened customers can be accessed again after some time.
In compendium, having pondered over some efficient means of converting sales leads to clients, it unravels that this sales technique is undoubtedly going to penetrate more in the marketing world owing to the skyrocketing consumption of content.
Many companies emphasize getting clients, but they have to follow innovative steps to monetize the leads because conversion is not a moonwalk for everyone. As we are going ahead, companies need to provide real value to the customers and present it with relevant infographic content to grow the client base.
Personalization and data-driven decision making are the future of lead generation, so a good relationship with potential clients swill surely pay rich dividends to businesses.