Scoop Whoop is one of the most sensational News Companies and largest internet media in India. They are famous for creating various kinds of content that cater to millions of audiences. They cover copious genres such as entertainment, food, travel, life, humor, comedy, politics, sports, foreigners, etc. It has seen immense growth in the last few years. Let's get to know the success story of this unique startup.
Fun Fact: The company's revenue is expected to grow more than 25% in the coming financial year.
ScoopWhoop - Key Points
- Startup Name - ScoopWhoop
- Founded - 2013
- Headquarters - New Delhi
- Founders - Sattvik Mishra, Debarshi Banerjee, SriparnaTikekar, Saransh Singh, Rishi Pratim Mukherjee, Suparn Pandey
- Industry - News, Media, and Entertainment
- Revenue - $6 million
- Languages Available - Hindi, English
- Website – www.scoopwhoop.com
ScoopWhoop Startup - Founders and Team
ScoopWhoop has a large team of creators working for the company. It got founded by six friends who were colleagues at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication. Sattvik Mishra, SriparnaTikekar, Sarah Singh, Debarshi Banerjee, Saransh Singh, Rishi Pratim Mukherjee, and Suparn Pandey are the founders of the company.
- CEO - Sattvik Mishra
- CTO - Debarshi Banerjee
Note: ScoopWhoop earned revenue of more than $3 million in the FY 2020-2021.
ScoopWhoop - Business Model
ScoopWhoop is an Internet Media company that posts various content on the Internet. They have more than fifty content creators working to make fun and engaging content for the audience.
Their main goal is to generate as many audiences as they can through their content. The company focuses on building viral content that helps in growing its business.
ScoopWhoop Startup - Revenue Model
ScoopWhoop has its channel on various social media handles like Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, etc. They earn their major part of the revenue from sponsored posts and advertisements. They have a spectacular social media reach and, this helps the company in bagging various brand collaborations. They have a three-post deal with every company and, the company charges around INR 1.5 lakhs per post.
ScoopWhoop Startup - Social Media Presence & Numbers
ScoopWhoop's main business comes from all these social media channels. Some of these are as follows:
- YouTube - ScoopWhoop has around 2.5 million subscribers on YouTube. They have posted more than 500 videos on their channel and have more than 300 million views on these channels.
- Instagram - The company has more than 2 million followers on Instagram. They create entertaining and viral content from various fields. They have an impressive audience reach on Instagram and, they receive more than 50,000 likes on each post.
- Facebook - ScoopWhoop has more than 5 million followers on this app. It is one of the oldest social media accounts of this startup.
- Twitter - ScoopWhoop is also active on its Twitter handle. It has more than 200 thousand followers on this channel.
Note: ScoopWhoop’s all accounts are verified on various social media handles.
ScoopWhoop - Subsidiaries
ScoopWhoop also has a lot of subsidiaries. Some of them are as follows:
- ScoopWhoop Hindi - This is an official Hindi channel of the company. They post all the viral news and content in Hindi on this channel. It has more than 150 thousand followers and 10 thousand subscribers on YouTube.
- Om Nom Nom - This channel gets dedicated to all food lovers. It has around 70 thousand followers on Instagram and 4 thousand subscribers on YouTube.
- ScoopWhoop Unscripted - This channel is famous for posting unscripted current news and happenings in the country. They also post interviews with notable politicians, film stars, etc. It has more than 500 thousand followers on Instagram and 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
- Ok Tested - This channel creates content related to lifestyle, food, entertainment, fashion, etc. It has more than 300 thousand followers on Instagram and around 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
- Vagabomb - This channel of ScoopWhoop get dedicated to women. They post content related to lifestyle, health, work, love, life, opinions, beauty, etc. It has more than 170 thousand followers on Instagram.
- Words - This channel by ScoopWhoop has all the inspirational and love quotes to lift your mood. It has more than 200 thousand followers on Instagram.
- ScoopWhoop Sketches - It is a new channel by ScoopWhoop. They post various funny memes and videos related to all the current news. It has more than 20 thousand followers.
ScoopWhoop - Competitors
The Internet has become much easier and accessible in the country. But this has increased the competition in the digital platform. ScoopWhoop has numerous competitors in the market. Some of its competitors are as follows:
- The Quint
- Buzzfeed India
- The logical Indian
ScoopWhoop – Funding
ScoopWhoop has successfully raised $5.6 million in funds from various investors. Some of the funding and investors of the company are as follows:
- $14,00,000 - Bharti Softbank, 2014
- $4 million - Kalari Capital, 2015
- $1.5 million - Ignite World, 2016
ScoopWhoop – Partnerships
ScoopWhoop has partnered with some of the companies to expand its reach and audience base. Some of its partnerships are as follows:
ScoopWhoop - Growth
ScoopWhoop has seen significant growth in the past 3 to 4 years.
- It has more than 220 employees.
- It has millions of followers on various social media apps.
- They keep their audience and followers updated with all kinds of current news.
- They have also launched different accounts to cater to a specific audience.
ScoopWhoop - Future Plans
Some of the upcoming plans of the company are as follows:
- The company is planning to be a game-changer in this industry.
- They plan to attract more audiences and create catchier content to increase their followers on various social media channels.
- They want to focus more on the Millennials and gen-z audience as they are the most exposed to social media.
ScoopWhoop – Indian Youth’s Go-to News Portal
ScoopWhoop has worked hard for several years and, its popularity in the digital world is incomparable. It has become a go-to platform for various kinds of news. They have millions of audiences and, most of their videos and memes get loved by everyone.