Bisleri is one of the most trusted brands of bottled water in India. Cold drinks and all are good to quench your thirst, but nothing can replace water. A few years back, who would have thought of buying fresh water in the bottled form? But the vision of Bisleri's founder made this happen. Bisleri is the brand that promises purified and good water for the people. It has become a household name and customer has immense trust on the quality of the product. Let's get to know the success story and some interesting facts about this company.
Note: Bisleri was an Italian company and, it was brought to India by Jayantilal Chauhan.
Bisleri Story – Key Points
- Startup Name - Bisleri Ltd.
- Founded - 1969
- Founders – Felice Bisleri and Jayantilal Chauhan
- Headquarters - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Company Type - Private Ltd.
- Industry - Beverages
- Areas Served - India, UAE
- Parent Company - Parle Products
- Revenue - 210 million USD
Bisleri Success Story – Founders and Team
Bisleri is an Italian company, and was founded by Felice Bisleri. It was brought to India by an Indian entrepreneur, Jayantilal Chauhan. The important people of the company are:
- CEO - Angelo George
- Chairman - Ramesh J. Chauhan
- Director – Zainab Chauhan, Jayanti Chauhan
Bisleri – Brand Name and Logo
- Brand Name The brand name of the company is after the name of the founder, Felice Bisleri. His legacy got continued and, the product got distributed by that name only.
- Logo The logo of the company is in simple white and light green color. It signifies the freshness and goodness of the company. The signature green color of the bottle is to distinguish it from its competitors.
Note: Bisleri launched its e-commerce platform in 2020 to provide purified water at the doorstep of people.
Bisleri Story – Idea behind the Business
The founder of the company wanted to develop an alcohol remedy. Felice Bisleri was a businessman and a chemist. He used iron salts, herbs, and cinchona for the development of alcohol remedies.
Bisleri originated in Nocera Umber in an Angelica spring. He decided to go with the sale of mineral water. After Felise's demise, Jayantilal brought the brand to India in 1969.
Bisleri – Strengths
Some of the strengths of the company are as follows:
- It has the largest market share in the Indian market.
- Its distribution is excellent and smooth.
- Its parent company, Parle, already has a good brand image in the Indian market.
- Its products are affordable to cater to all types of customers in the country.
Bisleri - Products Introduced
Some of the products of the company are as follows:
- Bisleri 20 Lt. can
- Bisleri Himalayans Water
- Bisleri Club Soda
- Bisleri soft drinks
- Bilseri Limited Edition
- Bisleri different language labeled bottles
Bisleri – Water Sources and Purification
Biselri sources its water from various places such as rivers, underground water, harvested rainwater, etc. The water goes through 114 tests and ten steps rigorous quality steps.
Bisleri follows all the quality guidelines by BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) and promises to provide hygienic, pure, and safe water in every drop.
Note: Bisleri products are also available on various e-commerce websites such as Grofers, Amazon, Big Basket, etc.
Bisleri – 3000 CR Net Worth
Bisleri came with an idea to provide fresh and purified water to every individual in India at a reasonable rate. The company got successful and, it is growing with a rate, of 30%-40% every year.
They claim to sell more than 16 million water bottles in a single day all over the world. The estimated net worth of the company is INR 3000 crores.
Bisleri - Growth Numbers
- Bisleri has expanded in various countries and have also established their factories in Japan and Singapore.
- They have 105 branches, 122 operational plants, 5000 distribution trucks, 4500 distributors, & 122 operational plants in India and its neighboring countries.
- Bisleri is leading in its sector and, they are also planning to expand in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and other Middle East countries.
- Bisleri's market share is more than 30%.
Bisleri Success – Marketing Methods
Bisleri has a lot of competitors, but has managed to hold its position. They have diversified their products but are still known mainly for their mineral water. Bisleri follows the 4P (product, price, place, promotion) marketing strategy. Their customer base has also increased in the last few years.
- The company advertises through print and digital media.
- They have several advertisements with catchy taglines to attract their customers.
- Bisleri uses posters, billboards, hoardings, etc., to advertise their products.
- They also campaign in different languages to cater to customers from all over the country.
- Their famous one-liner is catchy and holds the attention of the buyers for a long time.
Bisleri Story – Distribution Technique
Bisleri has a fast and effective distribution technique. They have more than 15 manufacturing units in India and, they are planning to bring more to solidify their supply chain. Their transportation is also very smooth and hassle-free as Bisleri owns more than 5000 trucks for the distribution process.
Bisleri Success Story – Pricing Scheme
Bisleri's pricing depends on the location. Their products are affordable and, customers get a lot of products in minimum amounts. Bisleri's products are priced higher in restaurants, theatres, etc., than the usual retail shops.
Bisleri Story – Competitors
Some of the competitors of the company are as follows:
- Mc Dowell's
Bisleri - Challenges
Some of the challenges faced by Bisleri are as follows:
- Competitors - Bisleri is performing well in its sector, but it has many competitors in the market. Some of them are giving tough competition in the business aspect. Bisleri will soon have to come up with new strategies to overshadow its competitors.
- Pandemic - Pandemic has affected a lot of companies. Bisleri's business also got disrupted because of the nationwide lockdown in India. Bisleri's sale came down as they didn't come up with any new plan for such situations. They launched their e-commerce platform only in 2020 to sell their products online.
- Campaigns - A lot of environmental campaigns and movements against plastic bottles. They are a threat to the environment and, companies like Bisleri are under pressure to change their business techniques. They get targeted for harming the environment by manufacturing more and more plastic bottles.
Bisleri - Future Plans
Some of the upcoming plans of the company are as follows:
- Bisleri is targeting their e-commerce.
- Increase their customer base.
- Recycle more plastics than manufactured.
- Build new manufacturing units in the country.
- Expand their business in other countries.
Bisleri – Water Bottle valued at 3000 Crore
Bisleri is one such successful company that managed to overcome all its challenges. The company is in a much better position now and, they are working harder every day to give the best product to their customers at a reasonable price.