Our body structure is made up of complex tissues and chemicals. One such critical element in our body is collagen. Collagen is a kind of protein found in skin, bones, muscles, and other connective tissues. It is responsible for holding the body together and providing strength and structure. Although it is the most abundant protein in our body, its quantity depletes with age and other factors.
Given the benefits of collagen in revitalizing skin, it becomes essential to boost collagen in our body. So in this article, I will tell you some natural tips and ways to boost collagen in your body.Natural Ways to Boost Collagen in Your Body:
Diet to Boost Collagen:
Following are certain nutrients that can help you to boost collagen levels. These are:
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is a good source of collagen. Therefore eating foods rich in Vitamin A can help you to boost your body’s natural Collagen level. Some foods that are rich in Vitamin A are raw carrots, baked sweet potato, etc.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is one of the best vitamins for boosting collagen. The major sources of Vitamin C are citrus fruits like oranges, strawberries, papaya, amla, etc., and green leafy vegetables like Broccoli.
- Copper: Rich sources of copper, including shellfish, nuts, red meat, drinking water, etc., are good for boosting collagen.
- Proline: Proline is another crucial nutrient for boosting collagen levels and is present in egg white, meat, cheese, soya, cabbage, etc.
- Anthocyanidins: Berries like blackberries, raspberries, cherries, etc., that are rich in Anthocyanidins are also known for boosting your body’s collagen levels.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Another important element for boosting Collagen level is Hyaluronic acid. The primary sources of this hyaluronic acid are beans, root vegetables, soya, etc.
- Antioxidant food: Include antioxidant foods like Red cabbage, purple/red grapes, berries, spinach, etc., in your diet to boost collagen level. The scientific rationale is that antioxidant-rich food kills those free radicals known to harm the body’s collagen level.
Applying Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera Gel is one of the most beneficial things for our body. Aloe Vera is proven to reduce skin irritation and moisturize dry skin. But do you know that it is also a good source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C thereby helps in boosting the collagen level of the body?
According to research conducted by clinical, cosmetic, and Investigational Dermatology, Aloe Vera is responsible for doubling the hyaluronic acid and Collagen level in the body. The study showed that Aloe Vera stimulates the right cells.
Given the benefits of Aloe Vera Gel, it is recommended for boosting collagen level. Aloe Vera is readily available, and you can easily take out its gel using a spoon or knife.
Omega Acid also boosts Collagen:
Omega acid is known to promote collagen production in our body, thereby increasing collagen levels. The food rich in Omega acid includes Fish such as Salmon and Tuna, Nuts like cashews, pecans, almonds, Flaxseed, etc.
Flaxseeds are a significant source of omega3. Omega 3 is an important ingredient in the plumpy layer surrounding our skin cells. So if you intake Omega 3 rich flaxseeds, that layer becomes stronger and boosts Collagen levels. So it’s recommended to include at least one tablespoon of flax seeds in your diet.
Manuka Honey from New Zealand:
This special honey has unique properties that boost collagen levels. It helps renew the skin and form more collagen proteins. Because of its antioxidant properties, it can also rejuvenate your skin. That is why Maori People from New Zealand use this honey as a skincare product for centuries.
Use Avocado oil:
Avocado oil is an important booster of Collagen levels. Avocado oil has hydrating properties and goes well with the natural oils present in our skin. Being rich in Plant Steroids helps you to prevent skin damage and stimulate collagen production. You can either use avocado oil or include fresh Avocadoes in your diet. Since it is scientifically proven that Avocadoes increase and boost soluble collagen in the skin dermis, therefore it is advised to use Avocado oil/avocadoes for boosting Collagen levels.
Red Fruits and vegetables are a must: Red fruits and vegetables are a must to boost collagen levels. The presence of Lycopene in red fruits and vegetables is the major reason that these fruits and vegetables help in Collagen production. By Red fruits and vegetables, I mean red pepper, beets, tomato, etc., that help build the skin. According to research, the effect of red fruits and vegetables is so strong that if you eat six portions for two months, your body can build a natural sunscreen.
Ways to Prevent Reduction of Collagen Levels:
After knowing the things that boost Collagen levels, it is equally important to prevent the reduction of collagen. So here are specific ways.
- Washing and exfoliating daily: We know that environmental factors like pollution, harsh weather, dust particles, etc., can damage skin cells. These damaged skin cells are also a prominent cause of Collagen level deduction. Therefore it is very important to wash and exfoliate your skin daily. This will help them to prevent the reduction of Collagen levels in the body.
- Avoid higher sugar consumption: Higher sugar consumption also hurts our body’s Collagen levels. Therefore one must prevent very sugary foods. But here is a fun fact. Dark chocolate is useful in boosting collagen rather than reducing it because of its antioxidant properties. So you don’t need to say bye-bye to your favourite dark chocolate.
- Protect your skin against sunlight: Sunlight is also known to reduce collagen levels in our body. Therefore protection against sunlight is also equally important. You should try wearing Sunglasses for preventing Collagen reduction in the eye area. Use a hat and a good suncream for protecting Collagen levels.
Collagen is essential for the body for several reasons. But since it can reduce due to certain factors, it becomes crucial firstly to prevent the reduction and secondly to boost the Collagen Levels. In this article, we saw specific natural ways to boost Collagen levels and certain things to avoid collagen reduction. You should try these natural methods for better Collagen levels.