Nita Ambani is an Indian businesswoman, philanthropist and the wife of Asia's most prosperous businessman – Mukesh Ambani. Nita is the chairperson and founder of Dhirubhai Ambani International School and Reliance Foundation and director of Reliance Industries. Nita also owns an IPL (Indian Premier League) team – Mumbai Indians and was also the first Indian woman to become a member of the IOC (International Olympic Committee). Let's get to read the success story of this billionaire businesswoman.
Note - Nita Ambani is an active philanthropist and one of the highest donators in India.
Nita Ambani Life Story – Key Highlights
- Full Name – Nita Ambani
- Date of Birth – 1 November 1963 (58 years)
- Place of Birth – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Designation – Businesswoman, Philanthropist, Dancer
- Marital Status – Married
- Spouse – Mukesh Ambani
- Children – Isha Ambani, Akash Ambani, Anant Ambani
- Relatives – Dhirubhai Ambani, Tina Ambani, Anil Ambani
Nita Ambani – Early Life and Education
Nita was born in a middle-class family in Mumbai to Purnima Dalal and Ravindrabhai Dalal. She is a professional Bharatanatyam dancer and a school teacher by profession. Nita graduated in commerce from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics.
Nita pursued her love for dance and participated in various events and competitions before marriage.
Nita Ambani – Personal Life
Nita met her husband when she was a school teacher. Mukesh's father (Dhirubhai Ambani) spotted her at a dancing event and chose to make her their daughter in law. The couple got married in 1985, and they have three children. The whole family is in a reputed position in Reliance Industries.
Nita Ambani Story – Career Timeline
- Jamnagar Township Project Jamnagar was a township project that involved building a township for the employees of the Reliance refinery. The project aimed to establish an environment-friendly colony with a line of trees. It now has over 18,000 residents and more than 1,00,000 mango trees in that complex's orchard.
- Mumbai Indians Nita is one of the owners of the IPL (Indian Premier League) team, Mumbai Indians. This IPL team is one of the most victorious teams of the franchise that won titles in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2020. She has also led an initiative – Education and Sports for AII, as a part of Mumbai Indians way of contributing to society. The initiate has helped over a million underprivileged kids with education using various social media and digital platforms.
- Dhirubhai Ambani International School Nita was a school teacher before her marriage, and her love and passion for teaching continued after marriage. So, she decided to open a school for the kids of her society. Nita is the founder and owner of the Dhirubhai Amban International School, Mumbai. It is ranked one of the best schools in India in terms of resources and services.
- IOC Membership Nita is only the first Indian woman to become a member of the International Olympic Committee. She was amongst the eight nominated candidates for the membership of IOC.
Nita Ambani Biography – Awards and Achievements
Nita has won several awards and achievements for her outstanding work in different fields. Some of them are as follows:
- Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Award – By the President of India, 2017
- Best Corporate Supporter of Indian sports – By Times of India, 2018
- PWI Most Beautiful Woman in the World - 2020
Nita Ambani – Philanthropy
Nita is an active philanthropist and one of the highest donators in India. She founded the Reliance foundation for the sole purpose of doing philanthropic work by serving the poor and underprivileged of our society. The initiate got established in 2010, and it gets its significant friends from Reliance Industries.
The foundations have built many schools, toilets, hospitals, etc. They also donated during the natural calamities that happened in India.
Nita Ambani – Epitome of Success
Nita Ambani is ideal for all businesswomen in India. She comes from a simple middle-class family with great values and culture. Nita is one of the wealthiest people in the world and still respects her roots. She embraces her culture and has taught the same things to her kids. She is an epitome for all the Indian women who own a business and handle her home with the same smartness and grace.