Shri. Hari Shanker Bhartia is the Managing Director of Jubilant Life Sciences Limited and Executive Co-Chairman of the Board. The participation of Bhartia in institutional activity covers his role with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi and IIT Kanpur and the Confederation of Indian Industry in a different capacity (CII). He has been a member of the government of India Group in various educational and scientific & technology programs at Columbia University in the United States. Mr Bhartia is also a member of the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi’s Communication Working Engineering Graduate. In 2000 Mr Bhartia received the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi Distinguished Alumni Award.
Hari Bhartia - Statistics
- Full Name – Hari Shankar Bhartia
- Born – February 28, 1953 (current age 68)
- Birth – Delhi, India
- Occupation – Businessman
- Marital Status – Married (wife – Kavita)
Hari Bhartia - Early Life & Education
Hari Bhartia is supported by his elder brother Shyam Bhartia who has an equal share to the founding of ‘Jubilant Bhartia Group’ and is now a co-chairman to the company. Hari is married to a fashion Designer and Retail in Delhi named Kavita, and they are blessed with a daughter and a son. Hari, interested in life science and chemicals, graduated from IIT Delhi with an honorable degree in chemical engineering.
Hari Bhartia - Career & Experience
After Graduating as a Chemical engineer, Hari Bhartia, along with his brother, went on to change the context of the world in that era when India was not ready for the outside competition. He, with his ample knowledge in life science and pharmaceuticals, invested his time and money in building a company that now is known as the global science company with various fields attached to it.
He has twenty years of expertise as an industrialist from India in Chemicals & Specialties in Pharmaceuticals and Bioscience, Food, Oil and Gas, Aerospace, IT, and others. He has guided his group into strategic collaborations and partnerships with certain major companies.
Hari S Bhartia : The Jubilant Bhartia Group
The Jubilant Bhartia Group is a venture founded by the Bhartia Brothers around 25 to 30 years back. Hari Bhartia is a managing director to the following sectors which come under the jubilant group:
- Co-Chairman and Managing Director – Jubilant Pharmova Limited
- Co-Chairman – Jubilant Ingrevia Limited
- Co-Chairman - Jubilant FoodWorks Limited.
The Jubilant Bhartia Group - Achievements & Advancements
- The group has a presence in the USA and Canada with around 2400 workers through its investments by Jubilant Pharmova Limited.
- The master franchisee of Domino’s Pizza is Jubilant FoodWorks, the largest foodservice chain and Dunkin’ Donuts in India.
- Jubilant Bhartia Group also started providing pharmaceutical and biotech companies with drug discovery services.
- The group also provides manufacturing and clinical services for drug discovery companies in the United States, Europe, and internationally in synthetic organic chemistry, combinatorial chemistry, medical chemistry, process research, and development.
- As an integrated pharmaceutical and life sciences business, Jubilant Life Sciences Limited works globally. It consists of three segments: pharmaceutical, life science, and others.
- The firm markets and distributes advanced medium, vitamin and life-Science chemicals and fine ingredients for the pharmaceutical, animal feed and agrochemical sectors of China and trade in intermediate goods, specialized ingredients, and nutritional products in advance.
- In 22 United States countries, the firm also maintains a network of roughly 50 radiopharmacy.
Fact : The company had earlier been known as Jubilant Organosys Limited and changed its name in 2010.
Hari S Bhartia: Important Roles & Achievements
- Bhartia has worked with the IIT-D, IIT-Kharagpur, and the Department of Human Resources Development of India across several skills.
- Hari is a Board Member of the CII (2010-11) and a member of the Government of India’s numerous education, science, and technology initiatives.
- He became Chairperson of the Governing Council of the Indian Management Institute (IIM), Raipur & Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur.
- He is presently a Chairman of the Board of Governors, Visakhapatnam, and President of the CII - Jubilant Food & Agriculture Center, Canada; International Advisory Committee of McGill University; and the Indian Institute of Management.
- He is a frequent attendee to the Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos and is a member of the International Business Council of the World Economic Forum. He is in the community of presidents, Global Health and Healthcare Governors Community; Family Business Community.
The Jubilant Bhartia Group - Top Competitors
- Syngene International Limited, Research
- Ipca Laboratories Limited, Pharmaceuticals
- Syngene, Biotechnology
- Pharmaron, Pharmaceuticals
- SAI Global, IT services
- Torrent Pharma, Pharmaceuticals
- TCG Lifesciences Pvt Ltd.
Hari Bhartia : Awards and Honors
- At the renowned AIMA Managing India Award presented by the President of India, Hari was honored with the Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- The Bhartia brothers also shared the popular Life Sciences and Consumer Products Ernst & Young Entrepreneurs of the Year Award.
- In the year 2020, Hari was 48th on the Forbes list of India’s richest people.
Note : Hari was awarded his alma mater the Distinguished Alumni Award in the year 2000.
Hari Bhartia - A Global Change to the world of Life Science!
The world can never be called continuous since it constantly changes with discoveries and inventions regards to time and the people behind these changes and world progress are the true leaders who are thinking not only of life and humanity but also working on it to bring about an enormous change for society. Hari Bhartia is considered one of those leaders who excelled as a chemical engineer in pharmaceuticals and brought about a global revolution in life science work for corporations.