Saurabh Mittal is a reputed Indian entrepreneur, businessman, and philanthropist. Saurabh is the founder and chairman of Mission Holdings, and he is also one of the self-made millionaires of India. Saurabh is an IITian who turned down his high package job to start his entrepreneurial journey, and now he has won one of the most reputed companies in the world. His company is a private investment holding company that got headquartered in Singapore. So let us dive into this article to read the success story of this IITian businessman.
Note – Mittal is also the 44th richest man in Singapore, as per Forbes Magazine.
Saurabh Mittal - Key Highlights
- Full Name – Saurabh Mittal
- Year of Birth – 1973 (age 47-48 years)
- Place of Birth – India
- Nationality – Indian
- Education – Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering and Masters in Business Administration
- Alma Mater – Indian Institute of Technology, Harvard Business School
- Profession – Entrepreneur, Businessman, Philanthropist
- Designation – Founder & Chairman of Mission Holdings, Chairman of Incedo Inc., Vice Chairman of ONE Championship
- Marital Status – Married
- Net Worth - $730 million (as of 2019)
Saurabh Mittal Wiki - Early Life and Education
Mittal was a brilliant kid from his childhood. He pursued a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the reputed IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Delhi and he was the Best Graduating Student. He also holds a master's degree in Business administration from the world's best business school – Harvard Business School. Saurabh graduated as a Baker Scholar from Harvard.
Saurabh Mittal has three children, and he lives with his entire family in Singapore.
Saurabh Mittal Story – Career Timeline
- Farallon Capital – Mittal joined as an investment associate in Farallon Capital, 2001. He also became the full-time partner of Farallon's affiliate company, Noonday Capital, in 2005 but left both of these positions in 2011.
- Founded Indiabulls – Saurabh co-founded Indiabulls with his undergraduate collegemate, Sameer Gehlaut, in 1999. It was the first Indian company to provide financial and real estate services in India. Mittal served as the Vice Chairman of the company and stepped down from his position in 2014.
- One Championship – While studying MBA at Harvard, Mittals became friends with Chatri Sityodtong, and they established ONE Championship in 2011 (martial arts promotion). Saurabh got appointed as the VP of the company in 2018.
- Incedo Inc. – Mittal is also the founder of Incedo Inc. The company got established in 2011, and it focuses on data and analytics in the US. Mittal is the company's current chairman as Nitin Seth took over the CEO's position.
- Mission Holdings – Mittal founded Mission Holdings in 2014 and served as the sole shareholder and the chairman of the company. It is a private investment holding company focusing on financial services such as real estate, media, technology, etc.
Saurabh Mittal Biography – Board Memberships
Saurabh is also a board member of various organizations. Some of them are as follows:
- Vice-Chairman – One Championship
- Deserve – Inc.
- Chairman – Incedo Inc.
- Chairman – Mission Holdings
Saurabh Mittal – Philanthropy & Social Work
Mittal is also a well-known philanthropist in the business world. He has always participated in as much philanthropic work as he can. Some of them are as follows:
- Served on Advisory Board –Harvard Business School
- Founder & Trustee – Plaksha University
- Founder & Board Member – Endowment Fund, IIT Delhi
- He is also a member of Governing Body of Parivaar (A charitable organization focused on care and nourishment of highly-vulnerable poor kids).
- Founder's Circle – Avasara Academy (a school for the development of young Indian women)
- Saurabh donated INR 10 crores for building Mittal Sports Centre at IIT, Delhi, in 2020.
Saurabh Mittal - Awards and Achievements
Some of them are as follows:
- Distinguished Alumnus Award – By Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi by 2017
- One of India's richest Man – By Forbes India Magazine, 2019
- 44th Richest Man of Singapore – By Forbes Singapore Magazine, 2019
Saurabh Mittal - The Scholar Businessman
Saurabh is one of the few successful entrepreneurs of India. He is the founder of over three companies, and all of them are performing well. Mittal's life journey and success are an inspiration for all those who aspire to become successful businessmen in the future. Saurabh has made his country proud now and then.