Paralympic Krishna Nagar – Learn how to Face Difficulties in Life & Succeed
Krishna Nagar is an Indian Para - badminton player and has represented India in the men's single SS6 event. He has also been ranked 2nd in Para-badminton men's Singles SH6 and has also secured a gold medal at the 2020 Summer Paralympics. He did not let the physical height matter at all in his life. He excelled at all the norms and taboos and proved his inner champion. Today, we will study the inspirational story of this Indian Paralympics champion who beat all odds and achieved success.
Krishna Nagar : Key Points
- Full Name : Krishna Nagar
- Nationality : Indian
- Date of Birth : 12th January 1999
- Place of Birth : Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Profession : Badminton player
- Height : 4 feet 5 inches (135cm)
- Weight : 40kg (88 lb)
- Coach : Gaurav Khanna
- Handedness : Left-handed
Krishna Nagar : Early Life
Krishna Nagar was born on 12th January 1999 in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Due to his dwarfism, he was put through several subjective norms that did not fit into the standard height considered normal. He had to go through the societal norms. But this did not bring any changes in his performance; his immense hard work and talent paid off. He had secured a gold medal at the 2020 Summer Paralympics. Besides, that he has also been ranked number 2 in para-badminton men's singles SH6.
Krishna Nagar : Family
Krishna was born and bought up in Rajasthan to a Hindu family. At the age of 2 years, he and his family found out he had a deficiency in growth hormones and thus had dwarfism. His fellow mates always taunted him for his height; this was the major reason why he got involved in sports.
In 2017, he joined a stadium to play badminton, where he was introduced to the Paralympics by one of the coaches. This was the point he realized there was no looking back, and instantaneously he developed his enthusiasm for the sport.
Inspirational - In one of his interviews, he also mentioned that he was constantly discouraged by society; many people believed he wouldn't achieve anything. However, despite his height, he believed that he could jump higher, which made him realize he was fit for badminton.
Krishna Nagar : Sports Career
- 2018: In the 2018 Asian Para Games, held in Indonesia, Krishna aced the game and thus secured a bronze medal in the singles category.
- 2019: In 2019, BWF Para-Badminton World Championship, which was held in Switzerland. He secured a bronze medal in the singles category.
- 2020: Krishna Nagar's commendable performance made him acquire a gold medal in the 2020 Tokyo Summer Paralympics in the category of singles SH6. He is also the 5th athlete to secure a gold medal for the country.
Krishna Nagar: Awards and Achievements
- He achieved a bronze medal in the year 2018 Para Games, Jakarta, in Men's Singles SS6.
- In the year 2019, he also secured a gold medal in Uganda International 2019 Para-badminton.
- He also achieved a gold medal in Uganda International 2019 in Para-badminton.
- Silver medal in the year 2019, BWF Para-Badminton World Championships in Basel, Switzerland.
- He also secured a gold medal at the 2020 Summer Paralympics, Tokyo, in the Men's Single SH6.
Krishna Nagar : Beating Odds like a Pro
So, this was all about Indian Paralympics Badminton champion Krishna Nagar. He has emerged brightly, and his inspiring journey shows how he struggled to reach his dreams and secured gold despite all the bullies and social taboos. Despite all the negative circumstances, he did not give up on his dream easily, and this is one thing we all should learn from him.