Nitin Seth is an Indian tech businessman, entrepreneur, and author. He is the ex-COO of Flipkart and the present CEO of Incedo Inc. (a US-based engineering services company) and an alumnus of IIT, Delhi, and IIM, Lucknow, and served as NASSCOM chairman. Nitin has also served as the MD of Fidelity International in India, and he gets regarded as the leader in the Indian IT, Analytics, and BPO industries. Nitin is also one of the co-founders of Plaksha University (Pvt. Science & Technology university), Punjab, India. So let us delve into this article to read the success story of this unstoppable man.
Note - He recently authored a book titled, “Winning in the Age of Digital”, published by Penguin Random House in 2021.
Nitin Seth - Key Highlights
- Full Name – Nitin Seth
- Date of Birth – 10 Aug 1971 (age 50 years)
- Place of Birth – Delhi, India
- Nationality – Indian
- Educational Qualifications – Bachelors of Science in Engineering & Masters in Business Administration
- Alma Mater – IIT Delhi, IIM Lucknow
- Profession – Businessman, Entrepreneur, Author
- Designations – CEO of Incedo, COO of Flipkart, Chairperson of NASSCOM, Co-founder of Plaksha University
- Notable Work – Winning in the Digital Age (2021)
- Marital Status – Married
- Spouse – Arpana Seth
- Children – 3
Nitin Seth - Early Life and Education
Nitin was born and brought up in Delhi. He was always a brilliant kid who had a keen interest in every little thing. He was an exquisite child who loved knowing everything.
Nitin completed his schooling in Delhi and then studied Bachelors of Science in Engineering from the reputed Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi. Seth also completed his master's in Business Administration from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow.
Marriage - Nitin Seth married Arpana Seth, and the couple has three children.
Nitin Seth – Career Timeline
- Early Career with McKinsey – After completing his education, Nitin started working for McKinsey and Company. He worked there for almost 14 years as the Director of McKc (McKinsey's Global Knowledge Centre) in India before leaving.
- Fidelity International – Nitin also worked as the County Head and MD of Fidelity International for over six years. He assumed control of its offshore operations across India and Tunisia.
- Flipkart – Nitin decided to quit his job in Fidelity International and joined Flipkart as the CPO (Chief People Officer) in 2016. He got appointed by Flipkart's co-founder Binny Bansal for his excellence and experience in the business field. As a result, Nitin got promoted to CAO (Chief Administration Officer) in less than six months.
- Flipkart's COO – In January 2017, Nitin got appointed as the COO (Chief Operations Officer) of Flipkart. It was the time when Binny Bansal got replaced as Flipkart's CEO by Kalyan Krishnamurthy. Nitin took charge of the company's in-house logistics arm E-kart during his tenure. He resigned from his position in 2017.
- Incedo's CEO – Nitin, got appointed as the CEO of Incedo Inc. after resigning his job in Flipkart in 2017. He is currently serving in this position and looks after various operations of the company.
Nitin Seth – NASSCOM Chairman
Seth also chaired the NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Service Companies) Regional Council or Haryana. He helped create the IT policies for the state as he had championed the development of the start-up ecosystem, making an upgraded IT Policy for Haryana and infrastructure in Gurgaon, Haryana.
Nitin served and set up as the chairman of the NASSCOM forum for North India's Global In-house Centers (GICs), which has led the industry-wide initiative in developing the strategic and visionary roadmap for GICs. In addition, Seth was part of the NASSCOM Executive Council, chairperson of the National GIC Council, and the founding member of the NASSCOM GCC Council.
Nitin Seth – Books
Nitin is also a published author. He recently authored a book titled, Winning in the Age of Digital, published by Penguin Random House in 2021. The readers very well received the book, and it was the 18th Amazon Best Seller for July 2021.
Nitin Seth - The IITian Businessman
Nitin Seth is a well-learned and brilliant man. He received education from one of India's top institutions, which helped him lead the multinational companies. Nitin belonged to an average middle-class family, but his aspirations were high. His journey is an inspiration for all of us who are visionary. He is ideal for everyone who wants to change their lives from honest hard work, and passion.