Udaipur is considered one of the most beautiful places in India and is the destination for royal places, magnificent temples, gardens, stunning lakes, and many more eye-catching beauty sceneries. The city is also known by the name, “The City of Lakes” and “Venice of the East”, is home to several beautiful lakes. The best time to visit this Rajasthan town is September to March as the weather is pleasant at this time but summers are also good here, with temperatures generally ranging between 30 & 35 degrees in May-June. Here, in this article, we would read the 5 best places to visit in Udaipur.5 Places to Visit in Udaipur
- Udaipur City Palace: Udaipur City Palace is Rajasthan’s biggest palace and stands tall in the middle of Udaipur town. The place is situated on the bank of Lake Pichola and was built for the prestigious Mewar ruling family of India. You can visit the place between 9:30 in the morning and 05:30 in the evening, 7 days a week with tickets as low as 30 INR for adults & 15 INR for children. The palace is further divided into many beautiful landmarks in form of palaces & villas, such as Bhim Vilas, Amar Vilas, Krishna Vilas, Moti Mahal, and Manak Mahal. Make sure not to miss the Sound Show & Mewar lighting in the evening.
- Lake Pichola: The lake is on the top list of river bodies in Udaipur and is a must-visit. Pichola is believed to be constructed by the Banjara community of Rajasthan in 1362 AD and is iconic. The timing for the place is between 09:00 in the morning & 6:00 in the evening. Note that there’s no fee for visiting the place but if you want to take a boat ride in between, then the fee is 400INR for adults & 200 INR for children. The Lake is surrounded by temples, royal quarters, chabutaras, ghats, and palaces. One good thing to do is to take a boat from here to Arsi Vilas Island for exploring the bird sanctuary.
- Ganesh Handicraft Emporium: If you wish to shop anywhere in Udaipur, Ganesh Handicraft Emporium is the best place to spend. The sale market is known for its vintage textile market and also witnesses a good range of handbags, shawls, rugs, table runners, and more. Artificial jewelry is located at every street corner of this market and one can find the perfect gift here for their partners, from necklaces to chains, and wrist bands to rings. There’s no fee to visit the market unless you spend it willfully buying something. The best timing is between 10:00 in the morning to 07:00 in the evening.
- Ambrai Restaurant: Ambrai is an exceptional place that has both, beautiful views and good food. The prices might seem a little high but all worth it. The restaurant provides both vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods and is a must-visit if you’re not wandering in Udaipur on a fixed budget.
- Jagdish Temple: This Vishnu temple is always on the top list of Udaipur visitors due to its magnificent structure and positive vibes. All over the temple has carvings of Elephants, Hindu gods, and more, and is believed to be built by Maharaja Jagat Singh in the 17th century. The style is Indo Aryan and the walls & halls are beautifully painted with different carvings. The amazing part is Lord Vishnu’s idol which is carved on a single black stone. Other idols include Shiva, Ganesh, Shakti, and the Sun God.
So, these were the top 5 places to visit in Udaipur. Travel rejuvenates a person’s soul and the single most reason why everyone should travel is to take different experiences. However, traveling to an unknown place can be risky too, and thus, we recommend taking the necessary precautions. For example, get your travel insurance done, be with the group, have your itinerary items ready, and a lot more.