Gaur Gopal Das is a prominent motivational speaker and a lifestyle coach, & he did what he preached. Even after graduating in Electrical Engineering and getting a job in HP, he left his job to become a motivational speaker and pursue his passion. Through his motivational speeches, he succeeded in influencing a plethora of people. He gave a new notion to our understanding of spirituality. So In this article, we will look into the motivating life story of this prominent motivational speaker, Gaur Gopal Das.
Gaur Gopal Das : Early life
Gaur Gopal Das was born in Pune, Maharashtra. After completing his studies at St. Jude High school, Pune, he was admitted to Pune's Cusrow Wadia Institute of Technology and got a diploma in Electrical engineering.
After completing his Electrical Engineering degree from Pune's College of Engineering, he got a job in the Hewlett Packard (HP) Company. But he left his job to live a monk life and became a motivational speaker.
Gaur Gopal Das : Why Monk?
- Create A Difference Gaur Gopal Das says that the reasons for choosing the spiritual path are twofold. Firstly, he wanted to make a difference in people's lives. He says that making money is easy but making a profound difference is difficult. So he decided to bring positivity among people by becoming a motivational speaker.
- Spread Awareness Secondly, he wanted to inspire the masses about spirituality. While working in HP, he wasn't able to have a profound effect on people. Therefore, he felt unsatisfied with a regular 9 to 5 job. Finally, he decided to choose that profession which made him happy and left his job.
Gaur Gopal Das & ISKON
After quitting his job, he became a member of ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness) in 1996. Working under the guidance of Guru Radhanath Swami, Gaur Gopal Das became a spiritual personality. A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada also influenced him. Today, he has become a top motivator and has delivered several lectures at various Indian and Foreign Universities and Companies.
Gaur Gopal Das : Challenges
- Professional v/s Monk life Gaur Gopal Das reveals that when he decided to become a monk, he would feel that if he had continued in his engineering job, he would have bagged a high position someday. He also missed his professional life because a monk's life is far more different from regular life.
To push these thoughts away, he started focusing on the positive aspects of the monastery. He was happy that he was able to make a positive impact on monastery people. In this way, he was able to overcome this 'initial dilemma.'
- Resistance From Family A parent is always likely to resist his child's decision to leave his job and become a monk. Similarly, Gaur Gopal Das also faced opposition from his family when he told them about his decision. But gradually, his parents understood that his decision was correct. He was successful in motivating a large number of people. This would have been impossible in a regular job. So ultimately, they stood with him.
Gaur Gopal Das & Other Monks
Gaur Gopal Das is known as a modern monk. To spread his message to the masses, he stays active on almost every social media platform. Another fantastic aspect of his preaching is humour. He is successful in making his preachings enjoyable by adding some witty humour.
Gaur Gopal Das : Popular Speeches
Gaur Gopal Das' speech revolves around success, happiness and relationships. Some of his famous speeches include:
- 'The Monk Who Bought a Ferrari' at the multinational professional services firm Ernst & Young in London
- Speech at prominent corporations like Ford, Bank of America, Infosys, Barclays, Macintosh, etc
- Seminar at British Parliament in 2016.
- Speech at Third International Yoga Day conducted by Consulate General of India in Chicago
- Speech at World Kidney Day event at Ravindra Natya Mandir where prominent stars like Shatrugan Sinha and Shammi Kapoor were also present
Gaur Gopal Das : Learning & Lessons
- Importance of Apology and Forgiveness Gaur Gopal Das revealed that he did not talk to his father for two years due to different opinions. After becoming a monk, he wanted to say sorry to his father. But his father died in 2009 due to Parkinson's disease.
Therefore he motivates everyone to apologize for their mistakes because sometimes there is no 'tomorrow'.
- Success and Stress Gaur Gopal Das says that stress accompanies even a successful person. Everyone lives under stress and pressure. The one who is on his way to success is stressed for doing better, and a successful person is stressed to maintain his position.
Gopal Das says that spirituality can help you in living a balanced life. He motivates everyone to learn good values and built an excellent character to cope up with stress.
- Overcoming Challenges The most common yet problematic question faced by a motivator is, 'How to Overcome Challenges?' To this, Gaur Gopal Das Ji gives the example of the River Ganga. He says that the river originating from the Himalayas has to cross several obstacles to meet the ocean. But it keeps on moving and clears every obstacle.
Similarly, a person should also keep working to overcome challenges. It would help if you changed your strategies and not your destination. If you remember this one mantra, you can overcome any challenge.
Books Written by Gaur Gopal Das
Gaur Gopal Das has two written two famous works, namely
- 'Life's Amazing Secrets : How to find the balance and Purpose in your life' in 2019
- 'The Way of the Monk : The Four Steps to Peace, Purpose and Lasting Happiness'
Achievements and Recognition
- For his contribution to spirituality, he was conferred with the 2016 Rotary International's Super Achiever Award.
- KIIT (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology) University's Danveer Award for encouraging 'Art of Giving'.
- 2018 Best Spiritual/Motivational Show on the Web by IWM Digital Awards.
- He also has a huge fan following on various social media platforms. Over 3 million people follow him on YouTube, and his videos get more than 177 million views. Accordingly, he received a silver creator award and a golden creator award from YouTube in 2017.
- He was also conferred with the 'Ideal Youth Spiritual Guru Award' by MIT World Peace University, Pune.
- Mahatma Gandhi Leadership Award by NRI Welfare Society was also given to him in May 2019
Gaur Gopal Das Story : Engineer to Monk
The life story of Gaur Gopal Das, from an HP engineer to a powerful motivational speaker, inspires everyone to follow their passion. In the end, we can conclude that he has been successful in influencing several people through his motivational speeches.