Bhuvneshwar Kumar is one of the most loved Indian cricketers. His excellence in bowling is just unmatchable. He has played in all the formats for the Indian team & is one of the most preferred bowlers by all the selectors and skippers. He is also known for his wicket-taking skills and, single-handedly helped India win a lot of times. He is that bowler for India who helps in dismissing some of the most brilliant batsmen & is capable of swinging his ball both ways but his in-swings being more effective than his out-swings.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar - Statistics
- Full Name - Bhuvneshwar Kumar Singh
- Nickname - Bhuvi
- Born - 5 February 1990 (31 years)
- Birth - Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Role - Bowler
- Bowling - Right-arm fast-medium pacer
- Batting - Right-handed
- Marital Status - Married
- Zodiac Sign - Aquarius
- No of tests played - 21
- No of ODI played - 117
- No of T20I played - 48
Bhuvneshwar Kumar - Early Life
Bhuvneshwar Kumar started playing cricket when he was just 13 years old. He was an average student but much better in sports. It is where his love for cricket started. He started playing for the Uttar Pradesh's team and then played various domestic and national level matches. Bhuvi played in Duleep Trophy, Ranji Trophy, and many other tournaments as well.
He was also the 1st bowler to dismiss Sachin Tendulkar (Known as the God of Cricket) for a duck in the Ranji Trophy. He was awarded Man of the Match in the finals of the Ranji Trophy in 2009.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar - Family and Personal Life
Bhuvneshwar Kumar belongs to a middle-class family in UP. He has an elder sister who encouraged him to play cricket. His sister, Rekha Adhana, used to pick and drop him at his cricket classes. According to him, his sister played a crucial role in making him a cricketer.
Bhuvi married his childhood sweetheart Nupur Nagar. Both of them were in a relationship for a very long time, and they tied the knot in 2017.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar – Career
- Debut: Bhuvi debuted against Pakistan in 2012 in a T20I match. He took a three wickets haul by giving just nine runs in 4 overs. His economy was 2.25 in his 1st game. His ODI debut was against the same team only and, he became one of the 1st bowlers to take a wicket in his first ball. Since then, there's no looking back for this player.
- Test Career: His debut was against Australia in 2013. He made several records in his test debut too. He became the 1st player to score the highest run playing at the 10th position. His partnership with M.S Dhoni is also one of the highest ever partnerships for the 9th down. He took six wickets in that series and, the team gave him a standing ovation for his outstanding performance. He has also played some of the many memorable moments in test cricket.
- ODI Career: He has a very successful ODI career and, he has picked 138 wickets in just 117 matches. He took his 100th ODI wicket gains Australia in January 2019. Bhuvi also got selected for the 2015 and 2019 ICC World Cup matches. But unfortunately, he wasn't able to perform well in either of the tournament due to his injuries.
- T20I Career: Bhuvi is one of the most preferred T20I bowlers. He is the only 2nd bowler to have five wickets haul in a T20 match. He also had the most wickets in a bilateral T20I series by any Indian fast bowler in 2018.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar - IPL
Bhuvi has played for several franchises in IPL. He started his IPL career with Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), and then Pune Warriors signed him. After the dismissal of that team, Sunrises Hyderabad (SRH) signed in 2014.
He has an excellent IPL career. He has been the purple cap holder a couple of times and, he has been in the Cricinfo IPL XI on the 10th anniversary of IPL.
SRH also made him their vice-captain in 2018 and, his contribution to the game was very instrumental.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar - Awards and Achievements
- Man of the Series Award in Test Cricket
- Man of the Match Award in ODI.
- 1st Indian bowler to take five wickets haul in all the formats
- He scored 38 runs off 97 balls in his debut match. The highest run scored by any bowler coming at 10th position.
- Highest partnership for 9th down with M.S Dhoni against Australia in 2013
- Scored a half-century in each inning against England in 2014
You taught us that all our dreams can come true if v have the courage to pursue them. It was an honour to be a part of ur cricketing journey. I have learnt so much from u, ur wisdom, guidance has always helped me not only in cricket but for life as well. Happy retirement @msdhoni pic.twitter.com/wjaWla3DKY— Bhuvneshwar Kumar (@BhuviOfficial) August 16, 2020
Since his debut, he has always been consistent with his performance unless he has some injury. His dedication to the game is remarkable and, you can feel this while seeing him play for his country.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar - Brands Endorsements
Bhuvi has gained a lot of appreciation in the cricket fraternity. People are crazy about him and, they love him. Due to this fan presence, almost every brand wants to sign him as their brand ambassador.
Some of the brands endorsed by him are:
Bhuvneshwar Kumar - Fans and Following
Bhuvneshwar is not very active on any of his social media accounts. He hardly posts anything related to his personal life. Most of the posts are related to cricket or some brand endorsements.
Still, this guy has managed to create a massive fan base with his consistent performance.
- 3 Million Followers - Instagram
- 2.5 Million Followers - Twitter.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar – Small Town Boy’s Journey
Bhuvneshwar's career graph has been an inspiration for everyone. From being a small-town boy to becoming one of the best bowlers of India, Bhuvi has come a long way. He is the epitome of hard work and dedication. His seriousness for the game is brilliant and, the guy is full of talent. All the youngsters must make him their ideal if they want to do something as extraordinary as him.