Ness Nusli Wadia is an Indian businessman, and he is the managing director of Bombay Burmah Tarding Corporation, which has most of its holdings with Wadia Group subsidiaries. Ness is the son of Nusli Wadia and a part of the Wadia family. Ness was also the Joint Managing Director of Bombay Dyeing (flagship company of Wadia Group) that he stepped down in 2011. So let us delve into this article to read about the success story of this millionaire businessman.
Note - Ness Wadia is also the co-owner of the cricket team Punjab Kings, IPL (Indian Premier League).
Ness Wadia Biography - Key Highlights
- Full Name – Ness Nusli Wadia
- Date of Birth – 30 May 1971 (age 50 years)
- Place of Brith – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Nationality – Indian
- Alma Mater – Lawrence School, Tufts University, University of Warwick
- Profession – Businessman
- Parents – Maureen and Nusli Wadia
- Net Worth - $246 million
Ness Wadia Life Story - Early Life and Education
Ness was born in a Parsi Wadia family to Nusli Wadia and Maureen Wadia. His mother was a former air hostess, and his father was a businessman. Ness completed his education at Lawrence School in Himachal Pradesh, Millfield School, and Cathedral & John Connon School in the UK. He completed his graduation in international relations at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, and master of Science in Engineering Management from the University of Warwick.
Ness Wadia Wiki - Personal Life
Ness's grandfather is Neville Wadi, and his grandmother is Dina Wadia, and his great-grandfather is Sir Ness Wadia. He played a significant role in turning Bombay into one of the World's largest cotton gin trading centers during the 19th century. Ness's grandmother was the daughter of famous politician Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
Ness dated the famous Bollywood actress Preity Zinta from 2005 to 2009. The couple went through much media traction during their relationship.
Ness Wadia Story – Career Timeline
- Management Trainee Ness joined Bombay Dyeing as Management Trainee in 1993. He was active in various organs such as the Mill Owner's Association (MOA), Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council (TEXPROCIL), Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India, etc. In addition, he closely worked in the marketing and retail distribution of the textile division.
- Break Period In 1998, Ness took two years to study for a master's in Science of Engineering Business Management from Warwick. He also wrote a thesis titled, Leading to Success in India.
- Promotion Ness returned to Bombay in 2001 after completing his master's to join as a Deputy Managing Director of Bombay Dyeing. He also got promoted as the Joint Managing Director and stayed at the position till March 2011. After Ness's resignation, his younger brother Jehangir took over the place.
- Present Day Ness currently serves as the Chairman of National Peroxide Ltd and Managing Director of Bombay Burmah Trading Corporation. He is on the audit committee of Bombay Burman, GoAir, Britannia, NPL, and in the Finance Committee of Bombay Burman, Bombay Dyeing, and Britannia. Ness is also actively looking after the award-winning Wadia Hospitals under Modern Education Society (MES) Trust (an educational establishment by Wadia Group).
Ness Wadia – Other Positions
Ness Wadia is also on the board positions of several organizations. Some of them are as follows:
- Trustee – Sir Ness Wadia Foundation
- Director – Bombay Dyeing, GoAir, Britannia Industries, Wadia Techno Engineering Services
- Board Member – Wadia Hospitals
- Member – Prime Minister's Council on Trade & Industry
- Convenor – Special Group Task Force on Food and Agro Industries Management Policy.
Ness Wadia Wiki – Philanthropy & Social Work
Ness is also one of the well-known philanthropists of India. Some of the philanthropic work done by him are as follows:
- He came forward and helped Sikkim battle during the Coronavirus Pandemic at bay. In addition, he gave a lot of financial support to the state.
- Ness also showed his support for the LGBTQ community, and he always came forward to help them.
- Ness Wadia also raised funding for B2B Platform AgriGator and Venture Catalysts.
Ness Wadia - The Member of Wadia Group
Ness Wadia was born and brought up in one of the most influential families of India. He was privileged for sure, but Ness used that platform to grow his company and do philanthropic work instead of misusing it. Ness is a perfect example for those who want to use their privilege for a better society.